SOLVED Unable to create system repair disk

Reaction score
Oh, you are using windows 7 backup and restore to create a system image backup. Well I have used that before and I might use it again but it is really annoying and when it failed to find a drive then I decided not to use it but you can't turn it off it just makes the computer think there is something wrong and gives you constant notifications and asks you to back up.
Yes, even my latest Windows 10 version 21H1 still uses the Windows 7 File History. You said System Image Backup can't find your external drive - is that correct ? Try turning File History on and see. Normally, when you connect your external drive you should have a drive letter F:, G: or something like that.

Reaction score
I am using windows 10 file history already and I know drive letter but it says disk image cannot be stored on external drive and that is about it. So I did not do that as I have all I need have several brand new disk images of Microsoft new releases and a backup with file history so I am pretty well off any way.

Reaction score
I am using windows 10 file history already and I know drive letter but it says disk image cannot be stored on external drive and that is about it. So I did not do that as I have all I need have several brand new disk images of Microsoft new releases and a backup with file history so I am pretty well off any way.
Make sure your external drive is formatted and don't have partitions or volumes. Also your backup drive has sufficient free space to accommodate the amount of data/files to be backed up. If the backup disk is empty make sure it is formatted - basically it should be a clean formatted drive.

Ask a Question