SOLVED Unfortunate and Expensive

Reaction score
Well that's my three and half year laptop that won't meet the requirements, meets everything but the processor, really should give some leeway here.
Screenshot (31).png

Reaction score
Unfortunately many computers more than about 2 years old will fail, I have several both Notebooks and Desktops so have been saving to buy a new Notebook in a couple of months when the descriptions in advertisements start saying specifically that they fully meet the Win11 requirements. There's a lot of nice ones on sale now for decent prices of $300 to $500 but don't show they meet the specs but having 4 years use isn't bad. I have had a couple clients get new Desktops last month but the offer did say there is a free Win11 Upgrade for them when it is released.

Reaction score
It's an absolute disgrace BigHorn to be honest. They at least should have made a win11 lower end version to fit the ones that won't run the full spec. I for one can't afford a new laptop at the moment at my age and on pension too, it looks like a " we supply win11 to rich people" situation.

Reaction score
It's an absolute disgrace BigHorn to be honest. They at least should have made a win11 lower end version to fit the ones that won't run the full spec. I for one can't afford a new laptop at the moment at my age and on pension too, it looks like a " we supply win11 to rich people" situation.
But nothing has really changed since my first computer in '92 and I got a part-time job in a computer store after retiring in '94 and started building and repairing computers. Let's not forget the driving force about many things technical in wanting the latest greatest biggest fastest bestest for whatever, have to admit the hardcore gamers are never truly satisfied with what they have and then the programmers have ideas that the same thoughts drive the making of better games.

As for "lower end", that kinda went out the window when Windows NT/2000 and Windows ME became Windows XP Pro and Home.

Reaction score
Maybe it's because I'm getting older that technology and the expense is leaving me behind and I'm not bothered about being
in the race for another computer, I just needed something with an updated o.s to see me into the future. The gaming days are over now and I'll settle for a more relaxed inexpensive hobby. After being with windows for such a long time, it'll be hard to kick, but there's other things to do. It looks like a chromebook is the least expensive way to go just for browsing and shopping. On a latter note, is there any way I could at least revert my laptop to windows 7 with a disc, at least I'll be able to use my old software?.

Reaction score
Well some good news from the health app is: My main desktop can run it..but, will the new windows update wipe your computer like a clean install?.
screen.jpg

Last edited:

Ask a Question