Weirdly encrypted files

Reaction score
Hello:)
I have 6 computers that each run a server for a videogame I play. Windows10 version of Ark: survival evolved. The first 4 computers i ran a server on all the user created files (these servers are for online gaming) are like any other file on the computer. I can copy, paste, and sync these files with the other computers. Now on the last 2 computers I've set up, in the exact same way, all the user created files are encrypted. I have Googled all the ways to take ownership and attempt to remove the encryption that way. No bitlocker running. I have a 100% fresh install of the game on a computer thats empty of anything else. I dont know what makes these files become encrypted and how there's any difference from the first 4 computers I set up. I set up a new computer every 2ish months over the year of 2020. Any advice is much appreciated.

Reaction score
Some game files become encrypted if they’re on a drive other than C. Could this be the cause in your case?

Ask a Question