SOLVED What is this?

Reaction score
Windows 10 Pro
What is this window?
Unknown.png

It only happens when I'm playing Red Orchestra 2 Multiplayer, I'm playing and suddenly RO2 minimizes and this is what's on my desktop. I click on the RO2 icon to open it back up but whenever I hit any one of the WASD keys RO2 minimizes and this pops back up. I have to reboot to get Windows to start working normally again.

I use Startisback and have Cortana completely disabled with Winaero Tweaker.

Reaction score
If I google, it looks to me like "Sartisback", but only a guess.
Look in the taskmanager, under the startup tab. You should be able to see what is running resident there.
If in doubt, post a clip of the list.

Reaction score
You might also have a KB key (or key combo) in your game which is also assigned to Windows shortcuts?. ;)

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
It's the windows search screen.
Usually produced by holding the Windows Logo Key down on your keyboard and striking the S key simultaneously

Reaction score
If I google, it looks to me like "Sartisback", but only a guess.
Look in the taskmanager, under the startup tab. You should be able to see what is running resident there.
If in doubt, post a clip of the list.
Duh, I didn't even think of that, thanks. Next time it happens I'll see if I can. This last time I used Print Screen to capture the image but when I went to name it a right side panel would pop out looking for another monitor to display to. Tried multiple times with the same result, the name I was trying to give it was "Unknown", I would get the "Un" typed and the panel would pop out. It wouldn't let me type anymore letters/ characters and when I closed it I couldn't type anything at all.

Reaction score
It's the windows search screen.
Usually produced by holding the Windows Logo Key down on your keyboard and striking the S key simultaneously
Ah, thank you I must be hitting them simultaneously when I'm in the game. Is there a way to change the key combo for the search function or disable that search function completely? Since I didn't know what it was I obviously don't use it.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Is there a way to change the key combo for the search function or disable that search function completely?
First, let me say.... IDK. Second, I would think that the Windows Logo Key, for the most part is probably hard coded within the OS for those Windows shortcuts that are associated with it.

I would think that IF the problem became intolerable, I would first check and confirm that the Logo Key was not stuck for some reason and producing the effect you are seeing as a result.
THEN
Before I attempted any drastic attempts to reprogram the Windows Logo Key, I would look to maybe applying some simple, temporary, mechanical method to render it unusable

Perhaps some carefully applied tape or even a paper or cardboard wedge that might prevent it from being inadvertently depressed but still easily reversed for normal operation of the keyboard.

Additionally, something I just found with a quick Bing Search
Not sure if that might be helpful or not.

I'm relatively certain there are probably many other references you could find.

Reaction score
Well well! Havnt used the search facility for ages, and there I thought I was on to it:confused:

Reaction score
First, let me say.... IDK. Second, I would think that the Windows Logo Key, for the most part is probably hard coded within the OS for those Windows shortcuts that are associated with it.

I would think that IF the problem became intolerable, I would first check and confirm that the Logo Key was not stuck for some reason and producing the effect you are seeing as a result.
THEN
Before I attempted any drastic attempts to reprogram the Windows Logo Key, I would look to maybe applying some simple, temporary, mechanical method to render it unusable

Perhaps some carefully applied tape or even a paper or cardboard wedge that might prevent it from being inadvertently depressed but still easily reversed for normal operation of the keyboard.

Additionally, something I just found with a quick Bing Search
Not sure if that might be helpful or not.

I'm relatively certain there are probably many other references you could find.
It's a small Dell (older) keyboard, that I've been temporarily using, maybe if I replace it with a larger ergonomic or even a dedicated (one hand) gaming keyboard that might do the trick. Thanks for your input.
Of course the other issue is why does it screw up my desktop forcing me to reboot?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
There are dedicated Gaming Keyboards out there that have something called "Gaming Mode" which supports simply toggling the keyboard to and from Normal to Gaming modes.
I suspect that such devices would automatically inhibit all shortcut / hotkey inputs that were not appropriate for normal gaming.

Reaction score
Sorry, I see the thread is concluded, but:
Old codgers like me can still learn. The windows search was a hogger in its past life. I stopped using it and reverted to , what I thought, was a superior third party program.
After this thread, I have reinstated the search and giving it a little more credit!!!