Who is stealing your wi-fi

Reaction score
I noticed my modem and router lights are busy all the time.
Somebody is using my wi-if without my authorization.
But is that possible since I do not have a password ? You need a password to get in.

Well I do not use password but my system is locked to all wi-fi

So how does my wi-if devices gets in.
I program the device MAC serial number into my router.
So the router will allow only those MAC address serial authorized.

But my modem and router are still busy. That’s not possible ?

Next step I looked at the router diagnostic log report.
Lo and behold my Samsung wi-if smart TV was online to many website.
So I disallow Samsung smart TV wi-if access.

Point, it can happen to any smart device.

Reaction score
Applications always dial home. If only to check for updates. especially Windows 10. If you are able to input Mac addresses for authorization. Do you not have a log page, that list all devices that have logged in?

For a short time I was assigning static IP addresses for each Mac address. In the logs I could see all the IP addresses that had logged in.

Reaction score
Windows 10 is always sending telemetry to Microsoft. You could try something like SoftPerfect Wifi Guard. It'll show you what devices are using your wifi at any given time, along the it's mac address.

Reaction score
I have dsl phone, tv, and internet through my router, and can just put my router ip into my browser and it will come up with a router interface showing all connected devices, wired and wireless. I can login using an admin id and reboot the router, which I usually do once a week to clear any glitches or gremlins. I power it down completely once a month, surprising how much faster things load with a new connection.

Ask a Question