Stealing your HDD information using the blinking LED.

Bif

Reaction score
If it is possible and has been done as the article states, then why is a tinfoil hat needed?...Being leary and cognasent of the threats to PC's isn't a conspiracy but fact.
True, often the only true recourse is to be computerless all together but for those that want to know the dangers and avoidable risks should not be chastised with a tinfoil hat inference..Just saying.

Reaction score
Drones in the middle of the night, rely. :rolleyes: I suppose they go around neighborhoods and businesses with drones at night checking who's security system is armed. LOL

Data

Chief Operations Officer
Reaction score
then why is a tinfoil hat needed?
Tinfoil hat needed so that any hacking attempt dont affect wearers. :D
Or bragging rights, take a pick.

Last edited:

Bif

Reaction score
Drones in the middle of the night, rely. :rolleyes: I suppose they go around neighborhoods and businesses with drones at night checking who's security system is armed. LOL
I prefer to put tape on all my "Windows" just to be extra safe...
Tinfoil hat needed so that any hacking attempt dont affect wearers. :D
Then with that philosophy, everyone that runs an antivirus should don a hat?
Perhaps, there is a possible business here..And I've been digging ditches all these years.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Thinking about wrapping my house, my computer and maybe myself in tinfoil, but.....
Not sure my neighbors on the block would appreciate my fashion statement..... striking though it would definitely be.
Been reading similar articles of such sophisticated and likely very expensive hacks against air-gapped computers including monitoring some type of keyboard emissions (sounds, tones, IDK) to log keystrokes.
I'm certain, my computers are at the top of the target list.
Now..... where did I put my Xanax and Ativan

Data

Chief Operations Officer
Reaction score
@Bif If every in every 10 people you sold 1 tinfoil hat, you probably make a little more money than digging ditches. SOunds a bit like seling snake oil, but hey, feel free to use that idea and run with it :D

Thinking about wrapping my house, my computer and maybe myself in tinfoil, but.....
Not sure my neighbors on the block would appreciate my fashion statement.....

Fashion statement... like that :D

Been reading similar articles of such sophisticated and likely very expensive hacks against air-gapped computers including monitoring some type of keyboard emissions (sounds, tones, IDK) to log keystrokes.

Read them also, let me dig some out.

Reaction score
The article must have been written by Levolor Window Blinds or Reynolds Aluminum Foil. :)

Regedit32

Reaction score
*Phew* my eye blinking Avatar doesn't know morse code . . . or does it?!

[ Data will know what I mean ] :cool:

Reaction score
Not sure my neighbors on the block would appreciate my fashion statement..... striking though it would definitely be.
I'm certain, my computers are at the top of the target list.
Now..... where did I put my Xanax and Ativan

There is a niche to make money Trouble. For the house wrap people, Tyvek and the others to make a version of the wrap with a metal interlayer and of course another version for the roof space to make the house into a Faraday cage. Combine this with a window manufacturer using a metal light tint with a connection to the frame.... Would not be perfect but probably enough. A filter on the incoming hydro lines as well.

Ask a Question