SOLVED Wi Fi extender

Reaction score
I have Linksys WRT3200ACM router at one end of my house....
At the other end of the house the WiFi is weak enough to be almost unusable....
It's about 50' and 5 walls for the signal to go thru....

I want to extend my WiFi signal this way.....

1. Ethernet from the Linksys main router to the other end of house....
This cable is already in place.....

2. Attach a WiFi extender of some kind......Something I can plug the ethernet cable into....
And have the same network name as my main router....
So then laptops....cell phones will automatically pick up the strongest signal....

3. And since my main router is only a couple years old.......I want to keep it if I can....

4. Moving the router to a more central location is not an option....I have a patch panel
with 20 ethernet lines going all over the house......massive amount of work to move all of them....

Perhaps another router set to pass thru the IP......but my router does not offer this and I'm not sure
if other routers do....

Open to any suggestions and ideas....

Attachments

• IMG_5001.jpg.jpeg
    IMG_5001.jpg.jpeg
    37.6 KB · Views: 8
Reaction score
Homebuilt....RV6.....200 mph....fully acrobatic....we call her "Flo".....took 15 years to build...
Worth every minute and every dollar....Cost about $45,000.......Flew it for about 12 years....
Sold it last year for $135,000.....Lycoming 180 HP fuel injected.....Thanks for asking.....

Reaction score
Homebuilt....RV6.....200 mph....fully acrobatic....we call her "Flo".....took 15 years to build...
Worth every minute and every dollar....Cost about $45,000.......Flew it for about 12 years....
Sold it last year for $135,000.....Lycoming 180 HP fuel injected.....Thanks for asking.....

Reaction score
Bighorn...thanks for the idea......Don't need this as I already have Cat5 going from the router to the room....(TV room) where I need
the wifi........If I did powerline I still need a wifi extender at the other end....
Actually I have 2 CAT5 lines.....one goes to the TV.....the other is not used....
Thanks for your time...

Reaction score
Very nice! You probably had full enjoyment of it.

Ask a Question