SOLVED Win 10 Immage Back Up completed but shows no bytes

Reaction score
I've image backed botjh my computers - twice! ( took about 30 hrs on one) to an 8TB ext h/d. However when i go to properties they both show 0 bytes.
Here's the summary on the ext hd after back up
Back Up A 12/03/21 0 bytes
Back Up B 13/03/21 0 bytes
Previous Back Up 11/01/20 2.02 TB
Total 2.02 TB

Used Space 5.54 TB
Free Space 1.73 TB

The discrepancy is between the 5.54 and 2.02 TB which suggest 3.52 of something is backed up. But what, and how do I find it?
Have these back ups been successful?
If not, what do I do?
Thanks in anticipation

Reaction score
What program are you using to backup Windows?
If the inbuilt feature then you should move to a third party backup program as Windows backup is deprecated & will be removed.

Reaction score
What program are you using to backup Windows?
If the inbuilt feature then you should move to a third party backup program as Windows backup is deprecated & will be removed.
Could you please advise me as to what FREE third party backup program you recommend. I tried AOMEI Backupper Standard Edition where the website states it is 'completely free' but after installed and run I find it is not free at all (subsequently acknowledged by Aomei when I contacted them))
Thanks

Reaction score
AOMEI Backupper Standard is freeware. I've been using it for years. I have the pro version on my main PC, but I have the standard version on my other two Windows PC's. Macrium Reflect Free Edition is another excellent backup program.

Ask a Question