Windows 10 Asus Laptop, Keyboard and Touch Pad not working with Windows but Work on BIOS and Linux

Reaction score
Okay so yesterday I turned on my laptop and suddenly the keyboard and touch pad didn't work, I plugged an external Mouse and Keyboard, and only the mouse works but the keyboard doesn't, the external keyboard, the built in keyboard and the built in touch pad all show the same error in device manager that is:

"Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration, information(in the registry) is incomplete or damaged(Code 19)"

Which is really weird, and I have never gotten an error like that, I've been looking up on Google and Forums for 3 hours now and found similar questions with proper answers that I tried but didn't work out, When I open the BIOS the keyboard works, so the problem is not a hardware problem but rather a driver corruption, I've tried resetting the BIOS configuration, still didn't work, I have tried restarting a couple of times still didn't work, I tried to update the drivers still didn't work, I tried uninstalling and restarting the laptop a couple of times still didn't work, I tried a tutorial similar to this one: https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledg...he-registry-is-incomplete-or-damaged-code-19/

which tells me to go the registry editor and delete all the files at the specific address, I tried deleting all and restarting it still didn't work, I tried manually downloading the touch pad drivers from the asus' website and tried installing it but windows says the best driver is already installed which is ironic since its totally broken, but after I tried that for the touch pad, suddenly the keyboard started working, so I tried restarting to see if the touch pad would start working too, but it didn't I tried to uninstall/re install the drivers for the touch pad and to restart the laptop it still didn't work, but when I turned on the laptop the keyboard stopped working once again, I have no idea why this is happening, I tried to do a system restore but it gives me an error and can't complete the system restore, maybe deleting all the files on the registry directory caused some other consequences but I don't know how to get them back, my device is an Asus Notebook X511CA and have been using it for 3 years now, I've never had any problems whatsoever and I had originally Windows 7 installed but then installed Windows 10 for free(the offer) like 9 months ago, and it has been working flawlessly I have no idea why this occurred and how to fix this, and I know for sure its not a virus because I have Windows Defender activated and I don't download malicious crap from strange websites!

I also tried running my laptop with my external Linux hard drive which has Manjaro Linux installed, and it worked without a problem, everything worked fine, so it has to do something with the Windows drivers!

Data

Chief Operations Officer
Reaction score
Welcome to forums @drin kadriu

BIOS and Linux dont use the same hardware drivers, it seems to me instead of removing registry entries, (which should be a last resort) you should instead downgrade the drivers to a previous version.

Windows telling you that the best drivers are installed only means that THE drivers you are installing are older. Instead do this...

Select the device you want to rollback from device manager > right click > properties > Roll Back Driver.

Should be active if you have previous drivers in system...

bsessionstore.gif

If that doesn't work go to the uninstall option remove them, then reinstall the Asus drivers you downloaded...

Rinse and repeat for each affected device.

After you may want to consider blocking future automated drivers drivers updates. for that see https://www.windows10forums.com/art...-from-downloading-hardware-driver-updates.54/

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hello, the roll back driver option is greyed out since i don't have previous installed drivers, and when I try to install the asus touch pad drivers(after i unzip it I run the setup.exe) it shows me I currently have installed drivers even though I uninstalled them!

Data

Chief Operations Officer
Reaction score
Are you uninstalling the drivers via the same dialog I showed above, or are you uninstalling them via ad remove programs?

Make sure its the former. Yo will have no drivers to fall back but the ones included with OS, and Asus drivers must be newer.

I need your laptop model and version and the information show below for your devices. i.e. post a link to Asus support page where you downloaded your drivers from.

dev.PNG

In addition copy and paste those IDs for the affected devices here and post all in your next reply.

Reaction score
I tried downloading the driver under touch pad here: https://www.asus.com/support/Download/3/557/0/2/BfnJpFOINWJ0zTH3/30/
and I uninstalled the way you showed me, now I will send you those values in a moment!
Ok so I checked the values and they have no value, like there is only the name written(asus touchpad), but no value, as I said in my first post, I googled and found a solution where he deleted all the registry keys(for the drivers), and he said after a restart they will all be automatically there but after a reboot they weren't there, this is whats causing Error 10, but before that there was Error 19, so after the solution I found its now Error 10, so yeah!

Data

Chief Operations Officer
Reaction score
The Rules of Backup Club

1st RULE: You talk about BACKUP CLUB.
2nd RULE: You TALK ABOUT BACKUP CLUB.
3rd RULE: If someone says "stop" or goes limp, taps out the BACKUP is over.
4th RULE: Only two minutes to make a BACKUP.
5th RULE: One BACKUP at a time.
6th RULE: No excuses, BACKUP.
7th RULE: BACKUPS will go on as long as they have to.
8th RULE: If this is your first night at BACKUP CLUB, you HAVE to BACKUP.

Your problem was made worst because you didn't make a backup of the registry keys you deleted without giving it a second thought that it was bad decision without making a BACKUP first of said registry keys.

Reaction score
The Rules of Backup Club

1st RULE: You talk about BACKUP CLUB.
2nd RULE: You TALK ABOUT BACKUP CLUB.
3rd RULE: If someone says "stop" or goes limp, taps out the BACKUP is over.
4th RULE: Only two minutes to make a BACKUP.
5th RULE: One BACKUP at a time.
6th RULE: No excuses, BACKUP.
7th RULE: BACKUPS will go on as long as they have to.
8th RULE: If this is your first night at BACKUP CLUB, you HAVE to BACKUP.

Your problem was made worst because you didn't make a backup of the registry keys you deleted without giving it a second thought that it was bad decision without making a BACKUP first of said registry keys.
I Did make a backup when I tried to reload the backup, it said it was corrupted so yeah, like seriously Windows 10 Sucks ass.

Data

Chief Operations Officer
Reaction score
I mean a backup of registry keys.

Anyway, lets not go sideways on this, did you download the correct drivers for windows 10 and not windows 7?

Uninstall the device, install the correct version of windows 10 drivers via installer.

Reaction score
Greetings,

I have basically the same problem as stated above.

< I turned on my laptop and suddenly the keyboard and touch pad didn't work, I plugged an external Mouse and Keyboard, and only the mouse works but the keyboard doesn't, the external keyboard, the built in keyboard and the built in touch pad all show the same error in device manager that is:

"Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration, information(in the registry) is incomplete or damaged(Code 19)" >

Slight difference - the built in touch pad show a (code 10)

I have also tried the drivers deleting procedure to no end (and the option to go back to an older version of the pilot is also Grey-ed out), tried it in safe mode too and the keyboard works fine in the Bios. And I have tried all the option of turning on/off imaginable.

I didn't delete any registery keys though, I don't feel competent about those.

My computer is a F751LDV Asus but unfortunatly Asus didn't have anypilote available on their website.

https://www.asus.com/supportonly/F751LDV/HelpDesk_Download/

Though I don't think in this particular case this is the problem as I could not anyway "un-install' the older pilot. I have tried that from the device manager and I don't know how to do it from anywhere else.

here is the info asked above in the other case

upload_2018-1-2_13-54-47.png

thank you very much in any case!

(and long live the virtual keyboard !!!!)

Reaction score
Could not resolve my problem so I just reinstal windows all together and it works, though I now have to install billions of software again ... but it "worked"

Ask a Question