Reaction score
I have a Windows 10 Desktop Computer with a
B150 Pro Gaming Motherboard
ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
1TB HDD
8 GB RAM HyperX Fury

My monitor is a Samsung SyncMaster BX 2035
Using a DVI to HDMI display cable

My PC is new, got it last Thursday, December 15th, 2 days in I choose to perform a Factory Reset. I choose the option to keep my personal files and reset everything else.

As soon as I click the Reset button, and the PC begins to Reset, My Display goes off, my monitor goes into Power Saving mode; I thought that was normal and it was resetting so I went to bed, the next morning I wake up only to find it still black, assuming it is over as it should be; I restart the PC, only to find that the display is still not working.

I tried to use the integrated Graphics card in the Motherboard but still no response.

I attempted all the fixes I saw, Clearing the CMOS, Cleaning the RAM and placing it back, using a different monitor. But none worked.

The PC boots up and the lights go on and I hear the fans but no display still.

I hope to get a response as soon as possible.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
I think I would boot from the installation media and use the "Repair your PC" link on the second page after the Language and Keyboard page and see if I could use
Troubleshooting -> Advanced Troubleshooting
AND attempt a Startup Repair or a System Restore and see if that helped at all.
You might also try Startup settings to see if booting into Safe Mode or Safe Mode with networking produced anything.

Ask a Question