Windows 10 vs. Windows 7

Reaction score
If one buys an OEM/Brand computer it comes with whatever OS they want on it and advertised as such, any refund would have to come from them, not Microsoft. The cost of a new computer includes the OS as advertised and as supported in its documentation. Generally Microsoft is out of the loop with the OEM having to support Windows for a limited time, 30, 60 or 90 days. After that Microsoft may charge for any support provided. It's pretty much been that way for a number of years, at least since I worked in a shop and built computers back mid-'90s. Or in shorter words, caveat emptor.

caveat emptor on a brand new computer? What planet are you living on this is brand new manufactured with older technology.I would understand if this was used but its brand new and HP keeps giving me crap about this issue they want me to send it for repair when the only problem is microshits software.

Ask a Question