Windows old folder

Reaction score
I stupidly deleted the windows old folder thinking it would save space I have tries some 3 party restores to see if i can get it backI have restore it Ease us and recova but i am not sure what i am looking for i do not se the windows old folder and i do not want to go back o previous version and rinsall or uninstall windows 10. see originally this was set up from widows 7 had Geek squad reinstall and there was a windows old folder and i stupodly deleted it and there were things in there i wanted is there away to get it back. Microsoft told me to use media creation tool but i am afrid ill lose every thing I have run recover it and ease US but not sure where to find the windows old folder

Reaction score
The Windows.old folder is usually under C:\ with the Windows folder.
If you’ve deleted the Windows.old folder then you’ll not be able to roll back to a previous version of Windows.
Due to the size of the folder it wouldn’t be in the Recycle bin.

Reaction score
when I got windows 10 it was all copied from windows 7 so all was from windows 7 to be gin with
just recently had windows 10 reinstalled due to an error on my part apparently they were able to back up the dats from 7 I did take the old murf33 use account from and saved it but did not take anything else from it i thought it wwas taking up a lot of space so i deleted it. So now if they have to reinstall the operating system it will not again have windows old folder and the data can never be backed up to what the took from 7. so id have ti start from scratch. Is there a way to get the windows old folder back? I have trim enabled and if i disable trim will i get it back
so if iever need to have windows installed again it will not be like windows 7 again right

Reaction score
says i can still do it i have tried multiple 3rd party recover apps to try and get windows old back they all say you can

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    23.5 KB · Views: 9
Reaction score
File History & Backup & restore are separate things & are not for restoring Windows.old folder.
Backup is for creating a system image. This is deprecated & is no longer supported.
Trim won’t recover your folder.
Do any of the free programs find any folder Within the C partition?

Reaction score
not sure so i guess i messed up and lost it all thank you for all the replies

Reaction score
File History & Backup & restore are separate things & are not for restoring Windows.old folder.
Backup is for creating a system image. This is deprecated & is no longer supported.
Trim won’t recover your folder.
Do any of the free programs find any folder Within the C partition?
not sure. I am not that computer knowledgeable I thank you for your response

Reaction score
If you recover the folder or can find the files you wanted to save - perhaps under OneDrive - I would start using imaging software like Macrium Reflect. That way you’d always be able to restore Windows or recover files after accidentally deleting them from the PC.

Reaction score
Then the folder may be within a backup from one of those programs. Usually there’s a mount option if you click on an image within Macrium. Most likely it is the same for the other programs.

Ask a Question