zPC

Reaction score
Please explain to me what do I do with zPC settings.
Mainly ....
1. How do I make use of it ?
Ex ...... those with asterisk (*) are blank when I open them. What do I do with them ?

2. Is it different and better than PC Settings ?

I am clueless.

Image 1.jpg

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Not sure myself.
There has been talk about consolidating PC Settings and the Control Panel into a single instance Applet so maybe this is where it will all happen..... right before our eyes, sometime in the future?
The All Apps list also includes zPC Settings. Those of you who followed early leaked builds will remember the prefix "z" as signifying a different approach to an existing feature, and in this case it's no different. zPC Settings brings up an alternate PC Settings universe, with such intriguing entries as Pending or Deprecated, and OEM. Poke around and if you see something interesting, post it in the comments. I thought the Corners and Edges settings under Pending or Deprecated were mildly interesting.
SOURCE: http://www.infoworld.com/article/28...ows-the-beginnings-of-a-few-new-features.html

w10

Reaction score
OEM is blank on mine.
Pending or Deprecated is filled with lots of additional options.

Reaction score
I think zPC is a "leftover" from another build, and should not be in at all. Possibly WIP. The asterisks are items that need attention (From MS).Trouble's theory could possibly be the connection.