10 sucks

Reaction score
they give you the OS for free but none of your previous programs work not even the ones that use to come by default on the previous windows unless you pay for.
I find it very greedy. For that I'm going to remove it from my PCs and back to my windows 7.

Reaction score
You should consider a clean install, especially if there are issues after an upgrade. Upgrades are notorious for these types of problems.

Reaction score
windows 10 is no good! besides we having to pay for all the apps, the system has a lot of bugs

Bif

Reaction score
It's actually a great OS ...very intuitive and clean.Granted there are issues with some user's but nothing that can't normally be worked out.I don't believe the blanket statement is completely accurate.

Reaction score
I've yet to find an application that doesn't run in Windows 10. And I have yet to find a need in paying for any apps from the app store.

Reaction score
Windows 10 is working great for most people. The frustration of learning a new system can be painful even without technical difficulties but it will all be worth it. Have patience and it will soon be as reliable and intuitive as Windows 7 was plus you will find it to be more functional and no new costs either.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Windows 10 is working great for most people.
I'm not so optimistic. There is definitely certain aspects of Windows 10 I despise, and find it hard to believe "most people" don't take issue as well. I think that most people simply live with what they have regardless, because quite frankly we don't have a choice.

When someone states all their applications have issues, it means there is something wrong possibly due to the upgrade. I wouldn't think much of it, if it was only one or two applications. But when all applications is insinuated, something is not as it should be with the OS.

Reaction score
At first, I was hesitant to update to windows 10 from windows 8.1 pro, because being new operating system, it will need more things to make it better especially when it comes to drivers and compatibility issues. I was totally wrong in thinking. For me, this is the best operating system Microsoft has ever done. There maybe some issues to encounter, yet Microsoft is doing its best to more improve windows 10 to cater to all our needs. to be fair with, there are also lots of free softwares in it. I agree with the gentleman who posted re: windows 10's greatness and a real user friendly operating system. I am still using the upgrade provided by Microsoft from windows 8.1 pro without any problem up to this date, just installing the updates provided by Microsoft. It cannot give us the updates all at once...perseverance... and patience pays off...

Reaction score
I too dislike some aspects of Windows 10 but I modify it to suit. Things like the grotesque apps on the start page are easily eliminated. Things like Cortana, Edge, IE, and One Drive are easily dismissed. I imagine the inability to control updates would disturb many but I could care less as I am not paranoid, naive maybe; I just enjoy and blissfully proceed forward.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I am a happy windows 8 user before but now a more than happy windows 10 user. Microsoft has made my PC operating system far more intuitive and powerful by packing it with tablet- and smartphone-like features. A lot of those features debuted with Windows 8, but they still were not working perfectly. Microsoft went back to the planning with Windows 10 to develop an operating system that will be more familiar to Windows 7 and 8 users but doesn't compromise on modern features, Windows 10 has a Start Menu, even better than windows 7 or 8. There are lot of differences to quote regarding windows 10 operations and more meaningful functions and maybe we need a little hardware upgrade also to make it function flawlessly. This windows 10 is far better than windows 7 and 8, if you would have noticed, it even surpassed windows 9. Overall this is by far the better operating System we have to date.

Reaction score
Windows 10 has a Start Menu, even better than windows 7 or 8.
Lets just say I disagree with you. If I agreed with you, I wouldn't be using Classic Shell.
This windows 10 is far better than windows 7 and 8, if you would have noticed, it even surpassed windows 9.
Calling Windows 9 a thing makes your comment all hype.
Overall this is by far the better operating System we have to date.
Again I disagree and if it wasn't for MS dropping support for Windows 7 (forced obsolescence), I'd still be with Windows 7. I decided to move forward while there was a free upgrade offer, because I knew eventually Windows 7 would die. Why pay later, when you can get it free now? That's a nobrainer.

Reaction score
they give you the OS for free but none of your previous programs work not even the ones that use to come by default on the previous windows unless you pay for.
I find it very greedy. For that I'm going to remove it from my PCs and back to my windows 7.
You are entitled your opinion but do not condemn an entire OS based on your experience unless you have a Top of the line high end PC.

Try Linux, most of the Distos are also free.

Reaction score
we loose a lot of features with windows 10 and if you want them back you have to pay for. My laptop is always loosing internet connection. I never had this problem before. WINDOWS 9???? I never heard about that before!

Reaction score
WINDOWS 9???? I never heard about that before!
That's because it never was a thing. Microsoft skipped Windows 9 in favor of Windows 10.

Rumors indicate it was because of programming issues with software programmed for Windows 9x. As in Windows 95/98, where the x could also be nothing as in Windows 9. And if an installer mistakes Windows 9 software installation for Windows 95/98 software, that could lead to compatibility errors.

Reaction score
You are entitled your opinion but do not condemn an entire OS based on your experience unless you have a Top of the line high end PC.

Try Linux, most of the Distos are also free.
My friend I have Linux and Android on my set top boxes and even on my phone and believe me they do not give me that much trouble

Reaction score
That's because it never was a thing. Microsoft skipped Windows 9 in favor of Windows 10.

Rumors indicate it was because of programming issues with software programmed for Windows 9x. As in Windows 95/98, where the x could also be nothing as in Windows 9. And if an installer mistakes Windows 9 software installation for Windows 95/98 software, that could lead to compatibility errors.
thanks Clifford!

Reaction score
I imagine the inability to control updates would disturb many but I could care less as I am not paranoid, naive maybe; I just enjoy and blissfully proceed forward.

Unfortunately, there is a little more involved than being paranoid.

It is MS stated policy that there will not be another OS, but updates will be continuous. Great, I have no problem with security and routine updates.
But, Microsoft should remember that they are dealing with the lowest common denominator , with thousands of users all over the world.
I have an (unchangeable) ISP connection which delivers 3mb/s. Some countries have this speed as a standard, and, worst, pay by the minute,
If Microsoft are going to send, without the ability to choose, new builds of 3gbs upwards, at frequent intervals,this can be prohibitive for an active user.
In my case, for example, it takes about four hours to download such. Whilst it is downloading, it is difficult, if not impossible, to use the internet. My only alternative is to suspend it and leave it running during my sleeping hours. If it needs interaction, this adds more difficulties.

Windows 10, for me and my local colleagues, has been working 100% since the RTM. I am perfectly happy to leave it as is, but do not have that option. And, fwiw, the latest update has , on observation, slowed my computer down a little. This, I can probably sort out with a couple of tweaks or further examination.
But the constant thrust towards , what is, almost complete reinstalls, may be enough to force me to return to Windows 8.1, reluctant as I am to do that.

Reaction score
I had a similar problem. I had a hot spot for my tablet with the minimum data plan. Every time Windows loaded one of those massive updates I went over the limit and incurred more payments. I would not accept that but I had a solution. I dumped the hot spot, even dumped the smart phone. Now it is just a tablet and desktop with the minimum service from my provider. I have a pay as you go phone, That is all I need for video streaming and minimal phone so I am happy. If the internet connection was exorbitant I would dump that too. You always have a choice.

Reaction score
I do not get auto updates, never have and never will. With a 3rd. party firewall MS cannot do this.

Ask a Question