15025 or 15085

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Shouldn't be long
We plan to release ISOs for this build by the end of the week and Insiders on 32-bit PCs will be able to update from the ISOs.
Be nice to have an official ISO newer than 15002

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
That would be nice.
Not sure why they don't. Maybe because of the frequency of the builds.
They seem to only release them on the basis of some kind of milestone.
I think I would rather have the ISO for the build that comes after the bug bash, rather than the one that comes before.

Reaction score
My insider machine just would not download this build...and yes it is a 64 bit machine running 64 bit W10. This is the second recent build it has been unhappy with...took a couple of tries to get 01. I had to revert to 007 for that to work. Didn't seem to work this time. I'll try again later and then wait for an ISO.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Did you try the recommendations for issue #2 in this article
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-dbf4-4b33-92d9-345a03389665?tm=1485580715217
Workaround: The workaround for this is detailed in the steps below:

• Click the Start button
  • Type services and launch the Services panel
  • Scroll to Windows Update
  • Right-click and select Stop
    For issue number two, some users have reported repeating this process with the Delivery Optimization service has fixed the issue as well. If stopping the WU service doesn't bypass the issue on the first attempt, please re-try and stop this additional service.

Reaction score
Yes and the service complained that it wasn't stopping. I didn't try the second part. Currently resetting the machine and then I'll go through the process again.

BTW I went to the site that has Insider ISOs and I see the latest one is 15002. I was not expecting 15025 but I would have thought 15014 or 15019 would have been there.

Reaction score
So I did the reset back to 15007 and got to try the new OOBE experience. I think it IS an improvement but I would need to try it on machines a) with a working microphone as it looks as if it prefers to be spoken to
b) with a machine without a touchscreen as that is the second preference.

But it does seem to be happily downloading 15025 now. But it is acting as if MS' servers are throttling downloads or something is.

Last edited:
Reaction score
So I did the reset back to 15007 and got to try the new OOBE experience. I think it IS an improvement but I would need to try it on machines a) with a working microphone as it looks as if it prefers to be spoken to
b) with a machine without a touchscreen as that is the second preference.

But it does seem to be happily downloading 15025 now. But it is acting as if MS' servers are throttling downloads or something is.
I went back to 15007 and tried to update if for 2 1/2 hours it just sat there at 0%

Ask a Question