Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Nope, nothing here either, except for the tweet hint nothing going on.
I think they're too busy laughing at their Pi versus Pie humor to remember to push the damn Big Red Button.

Reaction score
I sent her a tweet to press the button and got all kinds of flack. Especially from the AH with the pie in his face.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Downloading now.
5:00 P.M.
Chicago time

Capture.PNG

And here's the Blog
https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...r-preview-build-15058-pc/#sk8hvVjzzPhTXFuW.97

Reaction score
Trouble Q: When incidents as above "Failed to install, We'll keep trying....Does each attempt gobble up data.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I would think so.
At least to the extent that the files required for the update are not present on the system.
In my case it is saying that "some updates were cancelled"
AND
Of course they weren't ..... so I will need to go out and find what it put on my computer and where it put it and clean it up and then decide if I want to start from scratch on this build or revert back to a previous build and try it from there or forget the whole thing for the time being and await the next one.
In the mean time I've put those screen shots on the Feedback Hub and I'll see what that gets me.

Reaction score
I sent her a tweet to press the button and got all kinds of flack. Especially from the AH with the pie in his face.
Capture.JPG

These are al of the responses when All I tweeted was Press the Button with a smiley after it. All of the above have no sense of humor. I am done following DS and MS. I get better and faster infor from WZOR..

Reaction score
capture2-png.4980

Looks like mine, it would not restart, If they want to go final on 4.11.2017 they have some work to do.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
What a mess.
Neither of my two installs went very well.
The VM install reflected above never did complete continued to fail no matter what I did.
My physical machine install on my Crash Test Dummy machine didn't go a whole lot better.
It did succeed but there were just to many messed up things for me to tolerate.

I ended up doing a keep nothing reset on both choosing to wipe the drive also. Both are now running 15058 but I'm not sure it was worth it.
I hope that this isn't a taste of what we can expect, next "Update Tuesday"

Last edited:
Reaction score
15058 seemed to install but stuck on a black screen for a very long time. I reset and it went back to 15055.
Tried again with success.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just for interest. Whenever there is a new build my insider machine invariably gets a defender update as well which downloads and installs before the new build. Do you guys get the same? If not then I wonder if the new signatures in the defender build stop defender finding something not quite right with the build...farfetched I know.

Reaction score
Just for interest. Whenever there is a new build my insider machine invariably gets a defender update as well which downloads and installs before the new build. Do you guys get the same? If not then I wonder if the new signatures in the defender build stop defender finding something not quite right with the build...farfetched I know.
Yes and it should be stopped. When a new build is flighted only it should be downloaded. I still do not understand why it downloads/installs twice..

Reaction score
Maybe. BUT my insider machine spends 99% of its time unused so when it is turned on for an insider build it is certainly due for a defender update...maybe that is it.

I have only seen the download twice thing once.

Reaction score
Maybe. BUT my insider machine spends 99% of its time unused so when it is turned on for an insider build it is certainly due for a defender update...maybe that is it.

I have only seen the download twice thing once.
I also get duplicate drives with each build and I have to remove them. I have seen the double download/install since 2.19.2015 With every build.

Ask a Question