SOLVED AvLaunch Component

Reaction score
When I am in the StartUp Task Manager in WIn10, I see AvLaunch Component listed. It appears to be related to AVG? It is ENable and is listed as having a High Startup Impact. I just want to launch AVG on my own. I Can disable AVG Ui (Re) Starter. I cannot Disable AvLaunch? Why? Can anyone offer advise?

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Pack Guy,

Welcome to the Forum.

AvLaunch.exe is actually a proprietary component created by Avast; a partner with AVG Internet Security.

There is not a lot of information about this application, but in installs with the AVG Protection which you will see listed in your Programs and Features via Control Panel.

You cannot disable it as it appears it primary purpose is to allow the Desktop AVG launcher, to run whatever components you chose to install when you set AVG up. My guess is it is there in part to prevent some virus disabling AVG and thus taking down your security.

You'll find its Registry entry on a 64-bit OS here:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

Again, as this is a System controlled site you cannot delete this either.

If you are not satisfied with AVG then you only option is to uninstall it.

To do that you need to ensure AVG is not running any scans, then while logged in as a User with Administrator privileges:
  • Right-click on Start and select Control Panel
  • Now making sure you are Viewing by Category click on Uninstall a Program
  • In the list of programs that appear there are two AVG entries:
    • right-click on AVG Protection first and select Uninstall. This will do its job then you'll need to restart your computer.
    • Return to the Uninstall a Program window after you restart, and right-click on the remaining AVG entry and select Uninstall

Once done, press Windows key and S key together to open Search box then type Security and when list populates select Check security status and make sure your Windows Defender and Windows Firewall are reactivated until you find a application more to your liking.

There is an AVG Remover tool you could also download and run if you prefer, but provided you do the above while logged in as a user with Administrator privileges, that will not be necessary.

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Здравствуйте, уважаемые господа!
Сканер того, что есть в автозагрузке, прилагается. Выше написано, что продукт AvLaunch от АВАСТ, но у меня установлен антивирус АВГ. Также прилагается скрин служб работающих от антивируса авг.
Нужно ли всё-таки удалить AvLaunch?

Attachments

• Автозагрузка.JPG
    Автозагрузка.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 5,293
  • Автозагрузка Службы.JPG
    Автозагрузка Службы.JPG
    20.7 KB · Views: 1,820

Regedit32

Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum T.Kross.

Avast is a partner company of AVG Security. It is Avast who created the AVLaunch.exe

You cannot remove this component as AVG needs it to run.

The only way to remove it would be to fully uninstall AVG for which there is no reason to do this unless you decide its not doing the job you want it to do on your computer.

Regards,

Regards,

Regedit32

Ask a Question