SOLVED BCDedit /enum no longer works..

Reaction score
I was trying to check the contents of my BCD store and used the same command I normally used. It appears the command, bcdedit /enum, has no more capability that just the plain Bcdedit command. The bcdedit /v seems to work normally.

Am I just seeing something wrong or has someone seen some notice of a change? The help file still shows the command as showing all the listings..

/enum Lists entries in the store.

Thanks ..

Reaction score
All I get is the 2 items with the first command, Windows Boot Manager and Windows Boot Loader. The second command appears to give me the same.

Reaction score
l am seeing the same thing so I have given feedback. I use it quite a bit so I need it to work. I was checking because it appears Macrium Reflect might be messing with upgrades to 1903 by modifying the Wimmount path.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WIMMount

I also noticed the System File Check had errors related to a Defender PowerShell package and the dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth repaired that..

Thanks for the responses..

Reaction score
Enquiry, not a criticism. I am not a user of the command. What do you actually use it for - frequently, as you state? I would also be interested in any other info you have on Macrium. I use it, and, if you are experiencing mishaps, II would like to know more - Plenty of other free Image fish in the sea!!

Reaction score
@davehc , the Macrium situation is one being investigated since the setupdiag.exe utility directly noted the upgrade failed because the Wimmount.sys path had been changed to on in a Macrium folder and that path could not be found. Possibly it was on external media. If you check the registry key I mentioned, does it show system32\drivers\wimmount.sys or does it show something other? But I wouldn't worry about it unless you are having problems.

The Macrium forum site seems to indicate a fix for the WimMount situation will be in an update to that software, but the situation with the failed Win 10 upgrade was not addressed...

Bcdedit can be used for many things. The other day when I was messing with the SATA controller driver, I changed mine and it would not boot so I inserted the SAFE Mode option into the BCD store and got my system back. Checking boot options and other settings in the BCD store can be useful. If you don't play in the area where it becomes useful, you probably would not understand its possible uses.

The fact I can't get the listing for the entire store means something may be corrupted or incorrect and I can't see it.

Reaction score
I finally figured this out. It is now necessary to add a "Type" to the command to get the entire listing, such as bcdedit /enum all.

Ask a Question