Beaming in.

Data

Chief Operations Officer
Reaction score
Hello to all.

Allow me to skip the introductions and move on to saying hello.
I've recreated on Holodeck 1 - the early 21st Century computing devices and Operating Systems of this era, which I am happy to explore the concept with everyone at Windows Ten Forums, learn more about the challenges of troubleshooting these devices and systems and share with this community some information via tutorials and even try to help others where necessary from the knowledge I have accumulated...

Im also improving my social interactions protocols in search of a improved experience of what it means to be human.

As some of you may be aware, I am equipped with a emotion chip and it has been activated, however there is a glitch on my positronic matrix, which was caused by uploading Lals memory engram's, which occasionally cause me to use grammatical contractions and other quirks that Geordi is currently monitoring.

So, hello there. ;)

Reaction score
upload_2017-4-13_16-58-47.jpeg

Welcome to the forums

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome aboard
LiveLongAndProper.png
Live long and prosper.

Data

Chief Operations Officer
Reaction score
I thought I'de add this here a little about myself because of:

Im also improving my social interactions protocols in search of a improved experience of what it means to be human.

I acknowledge conscientiously the fact this is the Internet and any comments or replies made by anyone on this medium (not just this site) have the potential to be misinterpreted and lead to less than
desirable outcomes.

TL;DR Just read my rule of thumb.

Unfortunate as this maybe, this happens more often than we care to admit honestly to ourselves, even to the most experienced of us stumble into this pit, and in my opinion is a price I pay without much grumbling, because the benefits of the internet have to be more than the sum of the crap that happens in it.

The goal (my goal) is to drag my troglodyte forward, kicking and screaming if it must, into a more evolved concious state of being, by taking small steps and fighting this (instinct) that is this ugly beast in all of us, by acting in a concious manner and always acknowledging this troglodyte, that reacts in a primitive manner to derive/enter into unnecessary conflict.

With the above in mind, if anyone on these boards misinterprets or feels any of my content as argumentative or offensive or competitive, be that a thread or a reply, or reply to a reply, though it perhaps comes to you raising any question, remember this simple fact of what it means to be human. See my rule of thumb.

My comments should not be interpreted as anything other than normal healthy discourse and a sharing of experience/views and ideas for the benefit and growth of the community (here and elsewhere) and while there's always a risk some us may infer or try to assign some nefarious hidden agenda, despite none existing or being meant from inception, is unfounded, at least from my part. And you cant take that to the bank.

Rule of thumb, the only acceptable reaction and initial assumption is to assume misinterpretation for reasons of cultural differences and if you find it necessary try to ascertain and clarify any possible misunderstands in private (feel free to drop me a line) and you will meet a reasonable, friendly and probably like minded person. I'll extend this courtesy to anyone. These boards/internet are not for flaming or behaving badly turning things into personally demeaning insults.

I do not now or will ever mince my words, if there is any valid reason to be offensive or insulting, it will be beyond any doubt and in no uncertain terms. You would not misinterpret them.

A forward word on real "trollage". Acknowledging however that trolls are real, and they are real people like you and me on the internet/the planet, whose sole reason of existence is to cause conflict, feed it, sow mistrust and spread fear uncertainty and doubt.

These people exist ;) no point denying, and you should be able to know the difference, else we are doomed to fail in progress of evolving into better people. These trolls are lurking everywhere and look to insert themselves or have inserted themselves into many organizations and communities.

Our duty is to be ever vigilant and root them out, expose them and deal with them in a manner that is the opposite to the reaction these people live to elicit in us, being unexpected in that sense is key.

And finally leaving you all with an old quote, food for thought maybe?

I believe in the existence of intelligent life forms from other planets, I believe that the friendly of those beings are similarly curious like us and seek other intelligent like minded races throughout the universe. But I also believe they have never come to visit us, because, after monitoring what goes on in this planet from outer space, these highly evolved beings come to the same conclusion as I did, that is no intelligent life forms exist on this planet (only irrational, illogical and violent animals that learned incredibly advanced tricks), and thus quickly have turned back and headed the opposite way.