Belkin N150 USB Wifi driver problem

Reaction score
I would love to hear from anyone who has a Belkin N150 Wifi stick, who has successfully "held onto" its driver in Win10. I installed upgrade to Win10 from Win7, and initially even the wifi connection worked well. In fact, I spent 5-6 hours using the network and internet to move around files, read tutorials, etc. Today, when I started the system, my wifi adapter was unresponsive.

The device driver shows that it is experiencing Code 39, a missing or corrupted driver. I have uninstalled and reinstalled a half-dozen times, using either the original Belkin disc that contained Win7x64 drivers and also using Belkin's driver update intended for Win 8.1. In both cases, at the point of installation when the adaptor is plugged into the USB, nothing happens. If I check the driver in device manager, it returns the same message regarding missing/corrupt driver. If I attempt a manual update of the driver, Win10 shuts down installation with message that the current driver is more up-to-date.

I attempted to run a command-line instruction to delete a registry key, as suggested in various sites, but it did not work. Anyone have a solution to offer? Belkin has no meaningful info on Win10 yet.

Reaction score
I just had the same problem with the Belkin n150 that I had just purchased and tried installing on my new windows 10 machine. The driver that comes with the cd and even the one straight from belkins website don't seem to work in windows 10 yet. I did find a fix though that I hope works for you as well. If you go to your "devices and printers" window (under Control Panel > Hardware and sound > Devices and printers) you should still see the Belkin adapter icon with an exclamation point indicating a problem. Right click it and go to properties, then click the hardware tab, and click properties again. In the next window that pops up under the general tab, click on change settings. Go to the driver tab and click "update driver". When it asks how you want to search for driver software click on " Browse my computer for driver software. Then click let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer. If your windows 10 is anything like mine there should be three different driver options. All three seemed to work for me so just select one and click next and your adapter should hopefully be up and running.

Reaction score
Having the same problem with driver for the Belkin N 150, titaniumtank I tried your suggestion but it didn't work :( anyone else have any idea's??

Reaction score
I just had the same problem with the Belkin n150 that I had just purchased and tried installing on my new windows 10 machine. The driver that comes with the cd and even the one straight from belkins website don't seem to work in windows 10 yet. I did find a fix though that I hope works for you as well. If you go to your "devices and printers" window (under Control Panel > Hardware and sound > Devices and printers) you should still see the Belkin adapter icon with an exclamation point indicating a problem. Right click it and go to properties, then click the hardware tab, and click properties again. In the next window that pops up under the general tab, click on change setting
I just had the same problem with the Belkin n150 that I had just purchased and tried installing on my new windows 10 machine. The driver that comes with the cd and even the one straight from belkins website don't seem to work in windows 10 yet. I did find a fix though that I hope works for you as well. If you go to your "devices and printers" window (under Control Panel > Hardware and sound > Devices and printers) you should still see the Belkin adapter icon with an exclamation point indicating a problem. Right click it and go to properties, then click the hardware tab, and click properties again. In the next window that pops up under the general tab, click on change settings. Go to the driver tab and click "update driver". When it asks how you want to search for driver software click on " Browse my computer for driver software. Then click let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer. If your windows 10 is anything like mine there should be three different driver options. All three seemed to work for me so just select one and click next and your adapter should hopefully be up and running.

s. Go to the driver tab and click "update driver". When it asks how you want to search for driver software click on " Browse my computer for driver software. Then click let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer. If your windows 10 is anything like mine there should be three different driver options. All three seemed to work for me so just select one and click next and your adapter should hopefully be up and running.

I called Belkin with my problem I was having the same one as you I was on the phone with Belkin customer service for over an hour and nothing they told me to do worked I have up for a minute then I typed in Belkin N300 error code 39 Windows 10 and this form was the first link to show up. So I read it and I tried what you suggested and it worked thank you so much I honestly didn't think that it would. I probably would have never figured it out without your post so thank you!!! !!! !!! !!! !!!

Reaction score

I have a Belkin N150 USB stick and just installed Win10 on a brand new computer. I of course had the same problem as everyone else, because Belkin doesn't seem to have drivers for Win10 yet. Doing what you said worked exactly, every step of the way. I saw three different options, selected the first one, and now I have WiFi.

Thanks very much!

Reaction score
Deep down there are not that many truly different WiFi adapters. There just are not that many companies that make the chips.

Reaction score

This just solved my problem! 100% fix.
Though I had to go a little further...
I got to the selection point and clicked "Have disk..."
Then while browsing the drive to disk, be sure to open a folder with the drivers (choose the 64 or 32 bit version) and select the driver in it. That worked for me. :)

Reaction score
Update for September 10th, 2016. I just talked to support at Belkin and they told me they still don't have drivers for Windows 10. I am shocked such a big company does not have appropriate software support. I wish I had read this thread before I went out and purchased a different brand but I must say the other brand is working like a charm. I'm returning the Belkin to the Walmart store I purchased it from. Just one more thing. I have an older model of Belkin (F7D1101 N150) that's working just fine on a second computer with Windows 10. Go figure.

Reaction score
Thought I would mention that I have an even older Belkin USB adapter FSD7050 v3, but I have managed to get it working with Windows 10. Windows 10 tries to force it to use a Ralink driver, which doesn't work, but I managed to retrieve the working driver from Windows 7 and force that in.

Reaction score
I have the same wireless adapter (Belkin Wireless N150 USB Adapter Model:F9L1001) and here is the fix I've used time and again on Windows 10.

1. In device manager right click on the adapter then left click Update Driver Software
2. Left click Browse my computer for driver software
3. Left click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
4. Uncheck the show compatible hardware box
5. Under manufacturer scroll down until you find Belkin International then left click on that
6. Under Network Adapter find Belkin Wireless N Adapter and left click on that

There will be a warning that the driver is incompatible. Click Yes to install the adapter.
That should be it.

The only issue I've had with this fix is that I have to repeat the above steps every time Windows downloads and installs updates.

Hope this helps.

Reaction score
you got two different ways to fix this
1. google the drivers for the USB wifi
2. driver talent, one-key download best suitable drivers.

Reaction score
That's an old post, last was nearly a year ago. Don't know if poster is still around. A note: sometimes I had problems with Belkin devices so have not looked at them lately.

Ask a Question