Win 10 Error:1067 - Belkin 600VA UPS Managment Software

Reaction score
Hi,
I have recently purchased a new Win 10 based Desktop and my Belkin 600VA Automatic Power Management Software (Version 2.6.0.2) no longer seems to be working.
The usual TrayIcon (small green plug) is missing as with out that I cannot enter the Management Software.
I also get a Error: 1067 Message if I go to Services and try to start the UPSmonitor Service.
Tried asking Belkin but after a week and several messages I have not heard back.
I think it is Win 10 related.
Any help to fix this would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Windows 10 compatibility issue?
You mention a new Win 10 based desktop, was the old PC also Windows 10 based OS.

Reaction score
Hi,

My previous system was Win 7 based and the Belkin Software worked fine.

Two issues really.

• Is the UPS actually working?
  • why doesn't the Management Software work?
I note on their web site that the Software Compatibility is listed as.

Windows®

Software 2.6.0.2
Download
OS Compatibility: Windows® 2000, Windows® ME, Windows® XP 32-bit, Windows® 98 ME, Windows Vista® 32 and 64-bit, Windows® 7 32 and 64-bit, Windows® 8 32 and 64-bit; Size: 40.8 MB

Thanks for getting back.

Reaction score
Windows 10 compatibility issue?
You mention a new Win 10 based desktop, was the old PC also Windows 10 based OS.
Hi,

My previous system was Win 7 based and the Belkin Software worked fine.

Two issues really.

• Is the UPS actually working?
  • why doesn't the Management Software work?
I note on their web site that the Software Compatibility is listed as.

Windows®

Software 2.6.0.2
Download
OS Compatibility: Windows® 2000, Windows® ME, Windows® XP 32-bit, Windows® 98 ME, Windows Vista® 32 and 64-bit, Windows® 7 32 and 64-bit, Windows® 8 32 and 64-bit; Size: 40.8 MB

Thanks for getting back.

This is not intended as a bump - just an update.

I have rebooted after the Win 7 Compatibility change and the Software seems to be operating in Services.

There is however another aspect of the Management Software that I would like your advice.

The Belkin UPS Management Software uses Java, at least for some aspects and specifically Java™ SE Development Kit 6, Update 33 (JDK 6u33).

The TrayIcon seems to be based upon Java and is the entry to the User Interface (GUI) for the Management Software.

Currently my system has Java Version 1.8.0.121 Installed on it.

The Belkin UPS Management Software when it installs it installs the older version. I think within the File/Folder Program location on the system.

Is this relevant?

Regedit32

Reaction score
Have you ensured port 2099 is open in your Windows Firewall, or if using a third party firewall application / hardware checked the port is open there? The TCP/IP Network needs to be running and that port must be allowed for your software to work.

Reaction score
OK, I use Emsisoft Internet Security Suite and have no idea how to set the Ports etc. but I am looking into it.

However as the Belkin UPS Management Software has numerous exe files including javaw exe files, I don't think one general rule will work?

In Services I see two incidences = UPSmonitor and UPSRMI and in Processes via System Explorer or Autoruns64 I see two Processes both with a javaw sub-process (1) monitor.exe *32 with sub process javaw.exe *32 plus (2) wpRMI.exe *32 with the same sub process javaw.exe *32.

I have also set both processes and the sub process to run in Compatibility Mode with Win 7 and as an Administrator.

Regedit32

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with Emisoft Internet Security Suite, however in the Windows Firewall you
  • Right-click on Start flag and select Control Panel
  • Assuming you are viewing the Control Panel by Category then left-click on System and Security

Sample image

firewall1.png

• Next left-click on Windows Firewall

Sample image

firewall2.png

• Now left-click on Advanced settings in the left pane

Sample image

firewall3.png

• Now in left pane you (1.) left-click once on Inbound Rules to highlight it then (2.) in right pane left-click on New Rule

Sample image

firewall4.png

• Select the radio button next to Port then click next

Sample image

firewall5.png

• In your case: 1. Select TCP, 2. Select Specific local ports, 3. enter 2099 in the field, 4. click Next

Sample image

firewall6.png

• Now select Allow the connection if it is secure and click Next

Sample image

firewall7.png

• From here simple follow through final details. If you want to set it up so only you can use it when logged on as specific user, then in next window check top box and click ADD and select username.
  • Click Next when ready, and repeat for next couple of windows then click Finish.

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Sorry I have been away fighting other "fires".

I think I have managed to address the Port 2099 matter.

I set up a new rule in the Firewall setting of EIS for TCP on Port 2099 as you outlined. My only question would be if it should be set for All Networks or just Private Network

I also set up new Rules in the general Protection Settings > Application Rules to allow the key exe files in the Belkin Management Software (monitor, manager, UPSMS, wpRMI) In and Out clearance through the Firewall.

Mechanically I pulled all the USB Connected Devices from the back of my new system and checked the USB Ports. It seems I have two "legacy" USB 2 Ports and 4 new USB 3 Ports in the rear. Two more new USB 3.0 Ports in the Front.

I rearranged the devices and made sure that the Belkin was plugged into a "Legacy" USB 2 Port.

After rebooting my system and if I go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers I now have a USB to Serial Device showing.

In Device Manager it shows up in Human Interface Devices?

It also looks like the UPS is running in Services > UPSmonitor and UPSRMI. This is where I get the Error: 1067 if I try to Start the Service if it is not running. Like now!

In Processes I have monitor.exe *32 with a subprocess javaw.exe *32 plus wpRMI.exe *32 with the same sub process javaw.exe *32.

Despite all of the above I still have no GUI or TrayIcon through which to Open or Enter the Management Software.

Me thinks that is a javaw.exe issue?

The good news is that my system may now "see" the UPS, the bad news it that I still cannot manager it.

Onwards, forever onwards.

Reaction score
Hi Regedit32,

Thanks for the input.

On the news front I have finally heard back from Belkin.

Bottom Line is that the Unit I have is considered "Obsolete" and has never been and or will be tested with Win 10. There will be no new software or development.

Given the cost of my new system and the cost of replacing the old Belkin UPS I think that I will switch my efforts into looking for a new UPS.

My early thoughts are that APC and Cyberpower look like front runners?

Onwards, forever onwards. I think? o_O

Ask a Question