Belkin Network Usb Hub

Reaction score
I have a Belkin F5L009 network hub I use to connect sevral printers to the computers (4) in my network. It worked through changes from Windows 7 through 8.1 but with Windows 10 it is showing together with all the printers but none will connect to the hub. Anyone had a similar experience or found a solution? The Belkin website does not help!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Based on this
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/CompatCenter/ProductDetailsViewer?Type=Hardware&Name=Belkin+F5L009+USB+Hub&ModelOrVersion=&Vendor=Belkin&Locale=1033,2057,3081,4105,16393&LastSearchTerm=Belkin+F5L009&BreadcrumbPath=Belkin+F5L009&TempOsid=Windows+10
Things do not look good.
Can you install the software "Belkin Control Center" package on Windows 10?
I can only find reference to Vista for OS support, but sometime if you use compatibility mode older software will work on 10
I assume since it plugs into your network it will have to first get an IP address from your router.
Can you ping it?
Does it have a web interface, so you can input an ip address into your browser and interact with the UI?

Reaction score
I have a Belkin F5L009 network hub I use to connect sevral printers to the computers (4) in my network. It worked through changes from Windows 7 through 8.1 but with Windows 10 it is showing together with all the printers but none will connect to the hub. Anyone had a similar experience or found a solution? The Belkin website does not help!
Based on this
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/CompatCenter/ProductDetailsViewer?Type=Hardware&Name=Belkin+F5L009+USB+Hub&ModelOrVersion=&Vendor=Belkin&Locale=1033,2057,3081,4105,16393&LastSearchTerm=Belkin+F5L009&BreadcrumbPath=Belkin+F5L009&TempOsid=Windows+10
Things do not look good.
Can you install the software "Belkin Control Center" package on Windows 10?
I can only find reference to Vista for OS support, but sometime if you use compatibility mode older software will work on 10
I assume since it plugs into your network it will have to first get an IP address from your router.
Can you ping it?
Does it have a web interface, so you can input an ip address into your browser and interact with the UI?
Right now The software is installed and recognizes the printers and looks exactly the same as before. I did try to uninstall it on one computer but a message " Belkin Network USB Control Center currently used. Uninstall stopped". This message always appears even when the hub is disconnected from the router and not powered. The unit has an IP address and I can ping it and get a normal reply.
I have tried just one printer connected to the hub and it shows but will not connect to the network. The "connect" message flashes for a very brief period and then reverts to the "unconnected" screen.
I can put the IP address into the browser and the Belkin screen appears with the network settings, system status and system information. This shows the device (an HP printer) is recognized but not connected.
I just seem to go around in circles with everything appearing as normal but the printer or printers not being able to connect to the hub.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
does the printer(s) also receive an IP address or does the device hand out some NetBIOS name or other as if they were sharing the printer(s)?

I have never used this particular type of device, but is it possible that you would also have to have the proper print drivers install on the Windows 10 machine sort of like using a Windows Server as a print server?

Reaction score
does the printer(s) also receive an IP address or does the device hand out some NetBIOS name or other as if they were sharing the printer(s)?

I have never used this particular type of device, but is it possible that you would also have to have the proper print drivers install on the Windows 10 machine sort of like using a Windows Server as a print server?

The printers share the hub s IP address (as only one printer can be connected at a time there is no conflict). I can connect the printer directly into one of the computers and it works fine.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Does the vendor (in this case Belkin) have a product support website, where you might be able to contact someone, by phone, by email, or perhaps create a trouble ticket?
Perhaps the device is in need of a firmware upgrade or something similar to enable it to function properly with Windows 10.

Reaction score
Does the vendor (in this case Belkin) have a product support website, where you might be able to contact someone, by phone, by email, or perhaps create a trouble ticket?
Perhaps the device is in need of a firmware upgrade or something similar to enable it to function properly with Windows 10.
I tried to contact

The latest firmware available on the website I already have and the Belkin help desk leaves a lot to be desired.

Reaction score
Good afternoon all. I have the same problem as Kirkwood, with one exception. My wife's computer also upgraded to Windows 10 can connect to the printers attached to the Belkin hub. As far as I know both installations were identical so I'm at a loss to understand the issue.
Belkin only seem interested in selling their equipment, their help forums are anything but. Have they brought out a new network hub does any one know?

Reaction score
Have you seen this webpage? http://wind8apps.com/belkin-network-usb-hub-windows-8-1/ I have been using this fix on Windows 10 but I have not yet tried it on the Fall update 1511. I am able to run this on windows 10 pro by installing f5l009v140.exe in compatability mode for windows 7, ignore any error messages about the drivers not working, then use the suggestion on this webpage. Also make sure the firewall lets it through. shows up on my firewall list as sxuptp and belkin network usb hub control center.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Reaction score
I had the same problem with the hub not connecting to windows 10. After 3 call to Belkin and a 10 minute hold, I was told the hub was not compatible with Windows 10.I was told that I would have to purchase a new hub.

Reaction score

Reaction score
I had the same problem with the hub not connecting to windows 10. After 3 call to Belkin and a 10 minute hold, I was told the hub was not compatible with Windows 10.I was told that I would have to purchase a new hub.
I am having the same problem installing on Windows 10. Belkin told me they did NOT have a solution but that both Belkin and Microsoft were working on a 'fix'. Did they tell you if they had a product for sale that was compatible with Windows 10?

Ask a Question