Boot trouble

Reaction score
Hello, few days ago I decided to install Windows 10. Go all very well but I have a problem not only how to fix it.

When I turn on the PC it appears the load logo of Windows 10 but all deformed (a little pixelated) after ending of "load" the monitor is as if the PC were off, but PC is still running and never started. Once this happens I have to manually restart the PC and then start normally without any problems and the Windows logo normally without any deformity.

I wish to know the problem and can help me fix it.

Thanks.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Wow.....
There is not enough information in your post to even attempt to posit a potential answer.

Laptop, Desktop, Tablet, 2in1 ??
Since the issues would seem to be a display issue.....
What display are you using CRT LCD? How is it attached VGA, HDMI, DVI??
What video adapter is installed? What driver are you using for it, (source and version)?

It sounds to me like, the computer is not actually shutting down in the first instance and is consequently not properly recovering from what ever state it is actually entering when you shut it down initially, since you report that it successfully reboots after a hard shut down.

Reaction score
Hello, and thanks for the reply.

It's a Desktop computer, and I have a LCD but never I had problems with it, I think is just the O.S because when I had Windows 7 like 2 weeks ago, all was good. It's attached to the PC with a HDMI. The graphics card is a GeForce GT 240 with his driver updated... Maybe you are right, maybe is because the PC can not shut down properly.

How can I fix this?

And thanks again.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Go here
Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Power Options
In the left column select "Choose what the power buttons do"
Make sure they are configured properly and then uncheck "Turn on fast startup" you may have to use the link at the top to change things that appear grayed out.
Additionally inspect all your other advanced power option settings for your plan that may reference sleep or hibernate and the Power buttons.

powerbuton.JPG

Reaction score
Thanks for the information, I done with these instructions, let's see if it's works !

I hope so, thanks for the help! (If it didn't work I will tell you anyway)

Ask a Question