Brave and Vivaldi Browsers

Reaction score
Hi, all. I hope this is the correct forum to post this in. Plus, I decided to inquire about two different browsers in one thread instead of starting two threads.

But for the Brave browser, does anyone know how to prevent the browser from including previous web pages that you used for downloading whenever you start up the Brave browser? Because right now, the Google Chrome website for the Ghostery extension, the Vivaldi Browser download website, and the Windscribe download website all are launched whenever I launch the Brave browser. Also, I've tried clearing my browser data, which includes history, cookies, and cache, but that doesn't make a difference.

And for the Vivaldi Browser itself, does anyone know how to prevent tabs from opening when you tab up a page? Because for example, when I'm on a YouTube page and I tab up other YouTube videos, the browser jumps from the page that I am on and goes to the tabbed page and starts playing the new video. Or even if I'm not on YouTube, if I'm on a web page and I tab up links to read later, my browser jumps from that page to the new tab or tabs, and then I always have to go back to the original page that I was on... This is so frustrating and helps me to remember why I stopped using Vivaldi years ago.

Reaction score
get into brave://settings/ change startup options
can't say his will be a fix but worth a try
Bingo! That did the trick, John. Also, I had actually looked into trying something like that, but I misinterpreted what "Open the New Tab page" meant. But that did the trick for me with the Brave browser. Thanks, John.

Ask a Question