Brave Web browser

Reaction score
Hi all,

anyone tried/trying "Brave Web Browser", it is light and fast and easy to set up, check it out:

https://brave.com/ :)

brave.jpg

brave 2.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
I tried it when it was first released, a little over a year ago, and found it lacked a few essentials. I use the bookmark system, for example, which was not available, and also had problems connecting with music and video sites
As I understand it, it is a spin off from Chrome, designed by ya reputable guy who left Mozilla a while ago, after some arguments with policies.
I'll give it another go and see if it has improved.
Later.

Ok tried it. It looks like it has overcome the problems I had. I was able to import my bookmarks from IE (or edge). No problem rendering videos and music.
I could nor t detect any visual advantage in speed, although I am sure something would show up under a more critical test. But, it has now a load of extras you can hang on, by option, which I am sure will make it no better or worse than any other browser.

Even later!
I cannot find a setting to improve the text, but, after a little mre research, it seems to be specific to this site - something it disagrees with.
I am still having probs with bookmarks. Tey imported just fine, from IE, but at the moment, it seems to need two clicks to view and select from them - investigating now.
I am writing this extra bit, using the browser, and I can see that I will have to look in the options for a stronger font. On the laptop I am using right now, the text is very faint an fragmented. Here are the two shots. It only looks a little weaker in the clips, but is worst in reality.
It will be interesting to read here, if anyone else sees the same problem??

IE.PNG

Brave.PNG

Another few minutes spent. It is not yet ready for me - removing.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi Dave,

I gave it a try but the fonts are a tad too small for me, I did find it fast though!. I am not sure about the security of it however!. :)

Ask a Question