SOLVED Copy/paste in web forms doesn't work anymore

Reaction score
Hi,
Since my latest W10 update, I am not able anymore to copy and paste passwords in web forms.
Now I have to type them in manually..
It is no problem in text editors and such, only in areas where a certain security is involved.
Also in this text window, when writing up this problem, I can't copy/paste...
Does anyone have the same kind of problems..??
... and maybe a solution..???
Lots of thanks in advance,
Lody J. Claessen

Reaction score
To put text in this Reply box I just right-clicked a sentence of yours and Pasted it, seems to work okay.

Also in this text window, when writing up this problem, I can't copy/paste...

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Works ok for me, also. The problem was reported by some users a couple of months ago. Seems to be connected with your combination s in the computer setup.
But and easy way around it is to outline a piece of text you wish to copy. A popup will appear with "reply" on it. It will be automatically pasted into your intended post.

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Does anyone have the same kind of problems..??
Yes.
When I manually select text on this website using IE, as soon as I release the left mouse button the selection disappears and I am unable to copy my selection.

It does not happen with Opera, Firefox, Chrome, Vivaldi or Edge. Only with Internet explorer.
... and maybe a solution..???
Use another browser??

The reply popup button still works and I can use that to "Quote" but not as a general copy function as the selection goes away.
Not when I select "all" or when I select a whole line of text, only when I try to grab a few words out of a sentence or paragraph.

Reaction score
Sorry. Just noticed you are only referring to Passwords?
If in Edge have a look at the bottom of the Advanced settings -View advanced settings"

Try another browser.

Reaction score
Many thanks to everyone for contributing.
This morning the problem disappeared after 6 days....
Although I have been "fighting" for 45 years with computers, I haven't been able to find a cause.
Again thanks a lot.!!
Regards,
Lody J. Claessen

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. These threads can drag on if not marked as solved. Many tks

Ask a Question