inconvenient that I may have to stop using Edge but don't really
want to.
Can anyone help or can Edge do something about this as I gather
I'm not alone with this problem.
Thanks
Downy

Reaction score
Hi downy,

it might help if you tell us what online mail app you are using!. ;)

Reaction score
I have an E-Mail app on my Domain provided by my Hosting Service, can open the Webmail in Edge, right-click an image then open a new message screen and Paste the image. It also worked in Edge, albeit slower, to Paste the image into my Outlook.com account and New Message.

Reaction score
Hi downy,

it might help if you tell us what online mail app you are using!. ;)
I am, sorry, a bit old fashioned, so no App. I simply log into Edge using Outlook, and reply or whatever.
That is where the problem of not being able to copy/paste first occurs. Any helpfrom Edge or you
would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks
Downy

Reaction score
Greetings Downy,

Are you sure you've opened the Email itself in stead of looking at it from a preview? (Microsoft Edge doesn't allow users to Copy & Paste like this!) Here is what I am talking about: https://prnt.sc/j7jwix

I strongly encourage you to fully open your email. Here's how: https://prnt.sc/j7jz5i (Look At The Four Blue Arrows!)

After opening your email, you should be able to have full access to your email, as well as Copy & Paste them.

Hope I Could Help! Don't Hesitate To Leave A Reply, & I Will Get Back To You ASAP! (If You Feel Unsafe Opening Links, I've Attached Files To This Message As Well!)

Attachments

• download.png
    download.png
    19.8 KB · Views: 773
  • download (1).png
    download (1).png
    21.2 KB · Views: 783
Reaction score
I cannot copy and paste on incoming or outgoing mails. This is so
inconvenient that I may have to stop using Edge but don't really
want to.
Can anyone help or can Edge do something about this as I gather
I'm not alone with this problem.
Thanks
Downy
I hope you are still there, could not get back sooner. I clicked into both of the sites and saw aht you wrote and I could not copy and paste either of them.
Answer to your question. I always answer mails directly on my computer i.e. I don't as some do, get the mails sort of off line. No clicked in and open them and answer them. Does this sort of answer your question? Please
advise and many thanks for helping. I saw many others have this prolbem. Can't Edge do something about it,
no problem with the others Chrome etc.

Reaction score
" simply log into Edge using Outlook"
So, you use Outlook online?
I also use it. I m having no problems concerning Copy and Paste.
I have looked through the settings thoroughly, and cannot see anything in them related to your problem.
Possibly (?) it is in the Outlook - Options - Reading Pane:
"Type in the reading pane"
You haven't mentioned if you have tried with another browser? Try IE and see if it makes a difference.

Which build of Windows 10 are you using? There was a copy and paste problem with some users in an earlier version.

If I can find something more relevant, I will get back to you

FWIW. I could not quite work out the Copy and paste test in the other post. It seemed to only lead to another site where I was expected to sign in - Spam.

Reaction score
Hi Downy,

this is (seems to be) an ongoing problem with Edge, take a look at this link which has many questions on it, one answer is to run "Troubleshoot":

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-copying/e57bc3c0-eeca-45e1-be79-fcc826878da4

I hope it helps. :)

I clicked into what you sent and want to thank you again for trying to help. My heavens
this has been going on for years, as long as Edge exists probably, I simply cannot
understand why they haven't done anything about it. I can see I am definitely NOT
alone. So although they write all the time, use Edge, faster etc. one doesn't want to
as perhaps one will need to copy and paste some of the comments in a mail and
then you have to go to Chrome or Firefox, where perhaps you should have been
in the first place!! So Edge get your act together would be my advice should they
be reading this, it's gone on way too long.

Thanks again to the sender of the above mails, very kind
Downy

Reaction score
You have been so nice and helpful but I think I don't want to upgrade in 10 anymore then I
am just now. I'll just leave it and rarely use Edge. If they are so rigid that they can't see
they are doing something wrong, something nobody wants, then why use them.
But I did want to thank YOU before I signed off on this.
Downy

Reaction score
Hi Downy,

it will upgrade eventually anyway whether you want it or not LOL, MS only want our money now it seems???. ;) Reminds me of an old ABBA song, Money Money Money. :)

Reaction score
Gosh you are so right and I love that song, can hear it in my head as I read your
mail. Please at least sign your Forum name, like my Downy, so if I see you
post again I'll know it is you.
thanks again
Downy

Reaction score
Back to your mail ref. upgrading. Are you actually using that upgrade, are you
using Edge and do you get the same problem when trying to highlight and
copy something?
thanks
Downy

Reaction score
Hi Downy,

it seems to be a universal problem, I even have it using FireFox in Ubuntu Mate (Linux), it can be tricky and I just persevere and it eventually does bite!. :)

Please at least sign your Forum name, like my Downy, so if I see you
post again I'll know it is you.
You will get an alert when someone responds to your thread!. :)

Reaction score
Oh I see! I can, by the way,, usually do it in Firefox,hope that at least continues.
But when you are in Edge and something comes up you need to copy
and we are note speaking of an e-mail, perhaps you are into a text.
Well you don't want to start all over in another browser do you? Most
annoying.

Anyway all the best and thanks for your many tries.
Downy

Ask a Question