Delete Edge Browser

Reaction score
I have deleted internet explorer browser and would like to delete Microsoft edge so that I could use google chrome only....Is that advisable?......Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Advertising

Reaction score
Deleting, actually uninstalling, Edge can cause more problems than uninstalling IE11, lots of things and pages need a default browser and it can be difficult to change from Edge.

A

Advertising

Reaction score
I wonder if the rendering software in EDGE is firmly embedded the way IE was. In which case it won't uninstall.

I have Chrome as my default. I don't use any MS mail products so I don't get directed to Edge ever.

Reaction score
I agree, I don't use it. I would recommend not even trying to uninstall it.

Reaction score
On my computer, Edge launches itself. I know that it does. Whenever I use CCleaner, I get a message saying " CCleaner cannot continue while Microsoft Edge continues to run. Would you like to turn off Microsoft Edge?" I turn it off through CCleaner, but Edge launches itself again when I browse with FireFox, I rename Edge in the Registry, but with each new update, Edge is turned back on.

A

Advertising

Ask a Question