Delete Edge Browser

Reaction score
I have deleted internet explorer browser and would like to delete Microsoft edge so that I could use google chrome only....Is that advisable?......Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Deleting, actually uninstalling, Edge can cause more problems than uninstalling IE11, lots of things and pages need a default browser and it can be difficult to change from Edge.

Reaction score
I wonder if the rendering software in EDGE is firmly embedded the way IE was. In which case it won't uninstall.

I have Chrome as my default. I don't use any MS mail products so I don't get directed to Edge ever.

Reaction score
On my computer, Edge launches itself. I know that it does. Whenever I use CCleaner, I get a message saying " CCleaner cannot continue while Microsoft Edge continues to run. Would you like to turn off Microsoft Edge?" I turn it off through CCleaner, but Edge launches itself again when I browse with FireFox, I rename Edge in the Registry, but with each new update, Edge is turned back on.

Reaction score
I would say do not uninstall it as it will cause more pages to change the default settings. Rather you can look forward to the other browsers and not using the EDGE.

Reaction score
I disable it every time that an update reinstalls or re-enables it. I can live without it. When it is enabled, it runs even when another browser is in use. It runs when I am not even online. Why?

I've never had a problem when the program is disabled.

Ask a Question