SOLVED Be Brave

Reaction score
Any members been trying out the "Brave" browser. I felt the speed was a little better, and it certainly does, to a large extent, as promised, and gets rid of adverts.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Nope haven't tried it as yet. I caught some mention of it a while back on some site or other I was visiting and the info at that time looked tempting, but....
So far I've resisted.
Edge and Edge Beta keeps me reasonably occupied.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Until you posted about this Browser, I was unaware it even existed.

I've taken a look at its site, but to be honest I am skeptical about its model for advertising.

At the moment we all get hit with ads, for goodness knows what — and I imagine most people either block them, or ignore them.

The problem with the current model, is while third parties gather data about what we click, because the ads are so disorganized, its hard for them to get a true picture of our Habits and/or interests.

This Brave browser uses allegedly a unique model, when you buy privacy friendly ads. To me that is a very clever way for the creators of this browser to gather much more accurate information about the User, which they will more than likely sell, and the end result - you will be hit by email ads, or browser ads, or smartphone ads ( supposedly on topics you indicated you were keen on ) — but let's face it; while we may have an interest on a specific ad on one day, that does not mean we want to be inundated with ads every other day on that one-off interest.

I'll pass on trying out this browser. For the amount of actual browsing I do Edge is adequate. I cannot be bothered installing additional browsers given I usually use the browser for one main purpose — to access our Forum, or read the online News, neither of which require a faster browser to achieve.

Reaction score
Fully agree with both comments.
However, I would say, tongue in cheek, that all the browsers, in particular the ones from MS, collect info, personally. Ditto all the popups, and even software requests more personal info than is necessary to use the darn stuff.
Brave has had some decent criticisms, and, so far, nothing too critical. But like Trouble, I am finding Edge suits all of my browsing purposes, and it seems, from the canary path, that they are listening to feedback

Last edited:

T_J

Reaction score
Use Edge most of the time. Guess I'll have to switch (?) to Chromium-based Edge around January 15. My FTTH plan seems fast enough. Occasionally use Google Chrome with Extensions (Adblock Plus, Adblock for Youtube, HTTPS Everywhere, Privacy Badger).

Last edited:

Ask a Question