SOLVED Brother MFC8660DN with Windows 10 re-installation

Reaction score
I had a HDD failure that required me to re-install Windows 10 on a new HDD. For the life of me, I could not get the new install to find my MFC8660DN on my LAN. It worked on the previous installation that crashed, but now I am working with a new HDD/Win10. The info from Brother said that the driver was embedded in Windows 10, but there was no icon to select in my settings menu for the 8660 printer, however there was for my other Brother (MFC9840CDW). After much anguish, I decided to download and install the MFC8660DN driver for Windows 7, and VOILA! it worked!! Keep in mind that this new HDD had only a Windows 10 Pro install... not Windows 7 upgrade. Hope this info helps someone with an older Brother and a new Windows 10 install.

Reaction score
Damn! I tried 9 ways to Sunday to get my MFC-8660DN to work with Windows 10 including hours with Brother tech support. I tried loading the Windows 7 drivers and the printer works perfectly!

Ask a Question