Can anyone recomend simple KM freeware

Reaction score
I have one monitor, 1 kb, 1 mouse. Would like to have a simple software solution to be able to use kb (wired usb) and mouse (wireless usb).
I'm not interested in copying and pasting. Just want to be able to use my keyboard and mouse with either computer. Only one might be on at any given time.
Don't need Monitor software, I will just use the input selector on my ASUS monitor to select DVI or HDMI (both going into same 5700xt card).
Thanks and stay safe and healthy.
P.S. I reviewed sharemouse and synergy, they seem like overkill?
also, can i expect latency while gaming from mouse or kb?

Reaction score
The mention of "with either computer" is the only indication 2 computers are to be in use. Unfortunately, when dealing with hardware there is not always a software solution for using it and yours is such a situation.

I use a KVM [Keyboard, Video, Mouse] switch/adapter with 4 computers, 1 21" monitor, 1 USB wired mouse and 1 USB wired Keyboard, pressing one of the buttons on the KVM changes to a different computer. The only issue/limit I have with the switch is the video is all VGA, haven't shopped for one with all DVI nor do they all have a DVI port, 2 do, so they all have to have matching ports. And I haven't tried it with USB Wireless devices. The 4 computers have different Operating Systems. No software is needed, Win10 does pick up the KVM.

I do have on hand a 2-port KVM for another desk with a 27" monitor [given to me] and 2 computers. The monitor can handle 4 types of inputs but not at the same time, 1 VGA, 1 DVI, 1 HDMI and 1 DisplayPort. It has a switch to select which port to use, handy when I had to work on 2 Notebooks with different damage [1 cracked screen, 1 with lightning damage through the system] but at least the HDMI port on them still worked.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi
I do not want a KVM solution, just a KM software solution. There are a half dozen potential solutions that are free software including those in my op, as well as input director and Microsoft mouse without borders i think it is called. Have too many cables to want more hardware.

Reaction score
Okay.
yjIDATx^íÝÐ%U}àýûà[¦²/ÈÆw–ð@7D,R‚˜°WÝÈ ðnÜ, ÿR)j5À`*UFÜÝ”€j¥ŠJø¢|kD6fwÌ‚¯CH¥ "ÑÕ™É,a'&á¯ðn6nÉóÞïyîï™3gN÷í{Ÿûü›þ~¦zú¹}»OŸ>Ý÷Þóësº{n~h I’$IêƒFcI’$IROJ’$IRÏJ’$IRÏJ’$IRÏJ’$IRÏJ’$IRÏJ’$IRÏJ’$IRÏJ’$IRÏJ’$IRÏJ’$IRÏJ’$IRÏJ’$IRÏJ’$IRÏJ’$IRϬË@ð¡‡vØaƒãŽ;n°k×®ÑTgžyæ`nnnpÃ
7Œ¦ôÛÎÀq¼TçŸ~¯ËR’$IÓY¶@ðÍo~sª RQÖO<Q4ßqǃçŸ~°sçÎÁÝwß=š*õ'A>÷¹Ï¥¿¯¼òÊ4–$I’ºX¶@ð=ïyOSQ}öÙgÓß“ºë®»ÒøØcœvÚiéoœsÎ9i¼aÆÁ¦M›ÒßRßsÌ1ƒ“O>9ý½yóæ4–$I’ºX¶@ðïxÇè¯ÁàË_þòè¯ÉÜ|óÍi|É%—¤q8묳óóóƒçž{npâ‰'Ž¦Jû¢EùòË/_R«ôZ÷裦ÏÂM7Ý4š2;÷ÜsO*;»J’$x–-¤µ"Zë>õ©O¥ñ$¨„Òýçž{nK“¸ï¾ûÒÉ

Reaction score
There are software solutions, the advantage is that if they don't work you can uninstall them. Potential problems with hardware are latency/lag and compatibility, not to mention more wires and possibly power cords too. My K70 kb apparently is not supported to kvms according to corsair but it depends on device

Reaction score
My KVM Switches do not rely on or have power cords, older ones I used didn't either. The only cords are from the Keyboard Video and Mouse to the switch and the cords [USB and VGA] run from the switch to the computers. I've not seen any "lag" or "latency", only 1 computer is being used at any one time. What the Switch does is simply change which computer is connected to the three devices, much easier than swapping cables around to accomplish the same thing. Or are you thinking of software such as LogMeIn or TeamViewer where you can access one computer from another such as done for remote access over the Internet?

Reaction score
I dont need video as my single monitor has an input selector for sharing with both PCs. Im not thinking of remote desktop apps such as the one from win 10 pro nor team viewer. More like ShareMouse. ... Input Director. ... Stardock Multiplicity. ... Mouse without Borders. But these i think are all designed for 2 monitors, i just want to use one monitor.
Why 2 PCs? My brand new ryzen build with a 5700xt will not run old games at the highest resolutions and even with the latest drivers it can't run resident evil 3

Ask a Question