SOLVED Cannot install Windows Update “Restart required” shows every time I start Windows.

Reaction score
In Update & Security, Windows Update is telling me to update the 2018-06 cumulative update for windows 10 version 1803 for x64-based systems (KB4284835).

I have restarted Windows several times and under, update & security each time, it keeps telling me that a restart is required so I cannot install the update.

Has anybody else experienced this and how do I rectify please?

I don’t know if not being able to install this update affects Microsoft one drive, but that’s suddenly not showing up on the taskbar anymore where it always did before when windows started. Are these problems related?

Need some help please.

Thanks

HB

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
You can try going here https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4284835
And acquire the update by downloading it to your computer and running it from the downloaded file.
You'll likely need 2018-06 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4284835)
Assuming a 64 bit installation
OR
Less likely
2018-06 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x86-based Systems (KB4284835)
IF your installation is 32 bit.
Ignore the ones labeled "Delta Update" and just get the full "Cumulative Update"

Reaction score
In Update & Security, Windows Update is telling me to update the 2018-06 cumulative update for windows 10 version 1803 for x64-based systems (KB4284835).
I have restarted Windows several times and under, update & security each time, it keeps telling me that a restart is required so I cannot install the update.
Has anybody else experienced this and how do I rectify please?

You might try the "Show/Hide" tool until you figure out what is happening.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026726/windows-hide-windows-updates-or-driver-updates

I don’t know if not being able to install this update affects Microsoft one drive, but that’s suddenly not showing up on the taskbar anymore where it always did before when windows started. Are these problems related?
Need some help please.
Thanks
HB

Press the Windows and "R" keys simultaneously, type "shell:appsfolder" into the "Run" box and click "OK". Scroll down to OneDrive, right-click and select "Pin to taskbar".

Ben

Reaction score
Thank you very much guys for your replies.

Well for some reason, the update suddenly went through and installed. There were a bunch of other updates after that but eventually, they all installed too.

Regarding OneDrive, I uninstalled and reinstalled it, signed back in with my Microsoft account and it is working now. Panic over.

Thanks

HB

Ask a Question