SOLVED Cannot play videos after installing windows 10

Reaction score
I recently installed windows 10 and now anytime I try to play a movie on either my desktop or my laptop I receive this error notice.

Playback Error
The text associated with this error is code cold not be found
0x800r027d

Need help on correcting this problem!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Can you start by explaining something about these "movies" and how you are attempting to "play" them.
Are they local files on your hard drive or external media, are they Retail production style movies or home made movies?
Are they on a network resource, either your server or a third party resource like Netflix?
Are you streaming them using an app, are you just double clicking a .VOB file?
I don't think I'll be able to help much, as I'm not much of a movie person, but this information may be helpful to someone who does do a lot of movie watching / playing.

Reaction score
Sorry I could have been more specific. My latest attempt is a commercial DVD disc named the Martian. When I load it into my desktop/laptop computer the computer recognizes a disc is loaded but then shows the following error message.
Playback Error
The text associated with this error is code cold not be found
0x800r027d

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the help and the heads up on VLC media player. I downloaded it and am having no problems getting the DVD to play. Microsoft trumpeted their great windows 10 and all it's new features but forgot to mention
the things it was removing.
Thanks again.

Ask a Question