Start menu changed to full screen display, cannot go back

Reaction score
I have a new laptop, which initially showed the start screen normally, ie a window in the lower left. It the suddenly changed to full screen display. So after going to settings, personalisation, start, I noticed that the full screen icon was not set to full screen. No matter how I set it, the full screen display stays. How can I restore it back to normal, or so called default?

Reaction score
A question I'd ask is that new Notebook/Laptop also including a Tablet mode which may be what you are seeing? If so there's some learning needed with things like Touch Screen.

One other thing, the middle icon in the upper right corner between Minimize and Close is the Maximize/Restore. Full Screen is usually reached by pressing F11 to toggle it On and F11 to toggle it Off. Full Screen is different from Maximize, removes unneeded Toolbars/Menu Bars for getting a fuller experience with things onscreen like movies, etc.

Ask a Question