Share your Start Menu Live tile setups!

Reaction score
I know i'm almost three years late to this party but i absolutely love the mix of the traditional Start Menu plus Metro design that Microsoft went with for Windows 10; it allows users to easily access apps without dragging their mouse a mile and a half in any given direction, while also allowing for something that displays more than just the app name and allowing people to create something more stylish than just a list. Considering that last little tidbit, i thought i'd get people to share their own Live Tile layouts so i can get a better understanding of the thought that some people put into the designs of their Metro sexualsctions.

...Okay, so what if i'm out of ideas for my own?

But seriously, i'd love to get you all to share your own layouts, even if you have to block out some information, i don't mind. I'd love to see how you all have yours set up and why it's set up that way!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
I'm not sure what the response to your question might be, I'd be surprised if you get much feedback.
I don't think a lot of people do much with their tile menu. Personally with a few well placed desktop icons, paired with taskbar shortcuts and the right click xMenu, I don't find myself looking at my tile menu much, but.....
Just because you were kind enough to join the forum and ask a question

Capture.PNG

Reaction score
So you have mostly the default setup, fair enough. And yeah, i can definitely see what you mean but i don't doubt there are people like myself who really like things to look nice, and the tile menu can go a long way there. So i thought i'd see if those people are here, and if so what they did with it.
Also, once again, thanks for the welcome.

Reaction score
Well, the question has come up before on other forums.

Fwiw, this is mine. I spend most of my time on the internet or in dedicated programs, so have little use for a cluttered desktop.

Untitled.png

Reaction score
Here's mine, with almost all of the cr*p that MS insists we have removed:

desktop with menu.JPG

Reaction score
Files I use frequently are on the Task Bar:

My Desktop.JPG

Occasionally used programs are here:

Icons.jpg

Programs I use infrequently, and the few Apps I use are here:

Start Menu.jpg

Ask a Question