SOLVED Cannot access NAS shared folder

Reaction score
I have a BUFFALO NAS with two shared folders. Neither the domain (BUFF) nor the folders show up on the Network page. However, I had created a shortcut to each of the folders prior to this problem and I can access the folders that way. The problem is that some programs that ask for file locations do not see the path or the shortcuts so I can not access the files I need through those programs. I have tried checking and resenting the NAS box, the Router and the network and nothing seems to work. I even installed a fresh Windows 10 ( build 1803) and the problem persists. I have Windows 10 (build 1709) on my laptop and it can not see the path either now even thou it worked before. I think it is some Windows update or some service that is not running. Anyone has any ideas how to test this?

Reaction score
For some time I had to go into Programs and Features, Windows Features and turn on/check the SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support to gain access to my 2 NAS and their Mapped Public folder. Not sure what changed but I still have it with that feature unchecked.

Reaction score
For some time I had to go into Programs and Features, Windows Features and turn on/check the SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support to gain access to my 2 NAS and their Mapped Public folder. Not sure what changed but I still have it with that feature unchecked.
Thank you !!! It worked. Leave it to Windows to keep turning things off and deprecating things that work.
Julian

Reaction score
For some time, I had to go into Programs and Features, Windows Features, and turn on/check the SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support to gain access to my 2 NAS and their Mapped Public folder. Not sure what changed but I still have it with that feature unchecked.
Thank you, this worked. I read 100 threads on the Buffalo forum with no help. "Help desk" was no help. By the way, anyone reading this considering a Buffalo product, save yourself and buy something else

Ask a Question