Cannot Access NAS From PC Since Installing Windows 10

Reaction score
Other devices in the house seem to be accessing it normally, so I suppose it's an issue on this end. Sometimes, when I restart, I can access it, but it disappears after a while.

Any ideas? This is really annoying, since everything important is on there.

Error: error code 0x80070035 Network error. Windows Cannot Access \NAS-M25 Check the spelling of the name. Otherwise there might be a problem with your network. To try to identify and resolve network problems, click Diagnose

clicks diagnose

Make sure the computer or device is turned on and connected to the network

Specs (I don't know what you need so I just copied it. NAS is Asus NAS-M25 2 Bay)

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.10586 Build 10586 System Manufacturer MSI System Model MS-7816 System Type x64-based PC Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40GHz, 4201 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. V10.3, 03/12/2013 SMBIOS Version 2.8 Embedded Controller Version 255.255 BIOS Mode Legacy BaseBoard Manufacturer MSI BaseBoard Name Base Board Platform Role Desktop Secure Boot State Unsupported PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32 Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1 Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.10586.0" Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB Total Physical Memory 7.93 GB Available Physical Memory 4.92 GB Total Virtual Memory 9.18 GB Available Virtual Memory 5.06 GB Page File Space 1.25 GB Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Reaction score
That worked. Thankyou for directing me!

Edit: Spoke too soon. It worked for a while when I restarted, but coming back a few hours later and there's no access again, so I don't know whether the command prompt stuff helped :/

Reaction score
If you have DHCP reservations set up or you have assigned a static IP to the NAS you could just create a network mapping to the IP address. I would assume you are currently accessing it via the discovered network locations items in explorer.exe. If you need an IP scanner to verify 'WNetWatcher' from NirSoft is by far one of the best tools for scanning an IP range with some extra features that I've found (aside from TheDude).

Reaction score
Accessing a NAS can be problematic. Windows 10 has introduced variances in the process depending on how your system is configured.

For instance, at one time, signing in with a PIN would not allow some devices to be seen. Possibly the later releases of Windows 10 have corrected that problem.

The second situation is the User name on the NAS and your system. If Windows 10 is using your e-mail address as a User you might need to use the entire e-mail address to access the drive. Have you tried accessing the drive using its network designated route, name or IP address? \\NAS-M25

It seems to me, once you get the system to log onto the drive is works normally in future attempts.

Is it showing up in explorer in any form, such as independent special servers? Can you use the IP address to access the Management page. Luckily I run an ASUS Router which shows the addresses of all connected devices.

Reaction score
The computer that I wanted to connect to had a network name that was too long. I worked on this problem 3 days before trying a shorter name. But I finally solved it.
find: This PC (right click) choose Properties

Reaction score
That worked. Thankyou for directing me!

Edit: Spoke too soon. It worked for a while when I restarted, but coming back a few hours later and there's no access again, so I don't know whether the command prompt stuff helped :/

I had the same experience. Running the commands "fixed" the issue, but it would later reappear. In my case I found that the problem reoccured whenever the computer came out of Sleep Mode. I'm using a desktop PC so I set the Sleep setting to NEVER and that, so far, has worked.

Ask a Question