Folder 'Windows' shows 'State:Shared'...

Reaction score
The Windows folder on the main drive is showing the small icon in the lower-left of the window that says 'State: Shared'.

I'm wondering what's causing this? I don't have the 'Share' tab available in the Properties menu and the Right-click menu also doesn't have the sharing menu listed.

Ideas as to what's causing this?

Reaction score
The Windows folder on the main drive is showing the small icon in the lower-left of the window that says 'State: Shared'.

Don't understand quite what you are seeing. Please post a screen shot to clarify.

Reaction score
Here's an example... quite disturbing that it's a system folder such as C:\Windows\

PMHH3XA.png

Reaction score
It's still confusing. If I select This PC in the left (Navigation Pane), I see my drives and the Library type folders thus:
upload_2018-11-19_14-49-45.png

In order to see the Windows folder on the right side, I have to highlight my system drive in the navigation pane thus:

upload_2018-11-19_14-53-53.png

All of our W10 systems display this way. I don't know of any way that you can select My PC in the navigation pane and see the windows folder on the right. Something must be fouled up.

The right click menu (ver 1803 and later) has a give access to selection:
upload_2018-11-19_15-3-49.png

Again, something is fouled up. You are missing this:
upload_2018-11-19_15-6-38.png

Reinstalling Windows might be the easiest way to fix things, after doing a backup.

Reaction score
You wouldn't believe me if I told you...

That's just one slight symptom of many.

I tried a Windows Defender scan of C:\Windows but it reports no errors.

Reaction score
Anyway, if anyone else can advise more advanced methods of disabling all forms of file sharing, it would be appreciated...

Reaction score
Obviously I've already done the above, Gary, but thanks for making sure...

Further ideas?

Ask a Question