Replacing Folder + Contents of folder

Reaction score
Hello All. I have a problem that seems like it should be easy to solve, but I have found no solution and now its starting to bug me........Lets say I have a folder called "Backup" on my computer. Lets say path is C:\Users\Jacob\Backup. And i have another folder on my phone for example called "Backup". Also, lets say that Backup folder on C drive has one file called "test" and another file called "test2". And the Backup folder on my phone has only one file called "test". I want to move my Backup folder from my phone and replace the Backup folder on my C drive, resulting in only one file("test") in the Backup folder of C Drive. Every time i try to do this windows only asks to skip or replace contents of folder, and when i do chose replace, it only replaces the files(the test document i'm moving with the test document on C Drive). It doesn't remove the test2 document. I want to completely replace the Backup folder with the Backup folder I am moving. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Reaction score
Hi nevadarain,

if you are trying to move a folder with exactly the same name as the one you wish to move it to, it thinks it needs to replace the files in that folder, rename your first folder (the one you wish to copy) to something else like "copy of my stuff" and then try copying and pasting into the target folder. :):):)

Reaction score
As you say you wish to completely replace the folder on your computer, I would merely delete the folder on the computer, and then move/copy the phone folder over.

Ask a Question