Edge replacing my favorites from another Win10 computer on network

Reaction score
I Have my computer and my wife's computer connected to the same router - both on Win 10. Sometimes my favorites get added to hers, and I have to remove the ones she doesn't want. Then suddenly I found my own favorites being completely replaced by hers!

So I then restored to an earlier date to get mine back again. However it happened again, so I then stopped sharing from both computers, restored again to get back my favorites. I really need sharing to transfer files between our documents, so I need to just stop sharing from the folder containing my favorites. The problem is, where is that folder? -See below.

If I go to the favorites folder (appdata\packages etc etc favorites..) the list of favorites there is NOT the same as the favorites listed from Edge. So there must be some other location on my HD that contains the current list of my Edge favorites.

Please advise!!!

Reaction score
Got to Settings, Account. At the bottom is Sync Your Settings. Turn off the 'Internet Explorer Settings'
Did that on both computers, then set sharing on again. So hope the problem goes away! Funny thing is that only IE is mentioned, not Edge. Does this matter>?

Reaction score
Ok, you win the 'Old Guy' competition.

Edge is terrible at handling favorites. But for now it only gets Favorites from IE by going to Edge's settings and importing them. I expect that it will eventually be added to syncing as well.

Ask a Question