SOLVED Changing size of graphics within the tiles/icons in start menu

Reaction score
Hello,

Here is my start menu:

Capture.png

I cannot find how to make the icons for apps larger. For no apparent reason, the Opera Browser icon (the actual icon, not the blue tile) is larger than, say, the Adobe apps. And the 'Live Tile' icons are lovely and fill the tile.

Is there any way to control the size of the icon within the tile? It seems silly to have great big blue tiles, with a tiny little icon sitting in the middle of each one. I've searched around, but can only find information on how to alter the size of the whole tile, not the icon within it.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

~ Paul

Reaction score
Hi Paul,

right click any icon > Resize, > Select size you want:

upload_2018-10-25_11-14-1.png

Hope it helps. :):):)

Reaction score
Hi Paul,

right click any icon > Resize, > Select size you want:

Hope it helps. :):):)

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'd already tried this and it does not only resize the icon, it resizes the whole bloated blue tile. I know Windows 10 is able to fill the tile with an icon/image, as it does with Opera or Forza Horizon. But how do I achieve this? As you can see, the tile for Muse is just a mass of blue with a tiny icon in it; I've mocked up how it should look - filling the tile with the icon:

ArRtEoL.jpg

What is the secret that tells Window 10 to fill the tile with the image?

Reaction score
I found this: https://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-10/development/app-tile-utility-tileiconifier-v2-t3337445

...and used it to change my icons to this:

fixed-icons.jpg

Bit of a pain that I need an app to do something so simple, but it certainly looks a whole lot better.

Now if only there was a way to fix these ridiculously cryptic and tiny icons in the 'show hidden icons' menu....
tiny.png

...again, lots of empty space, stupidly tiny icons.

Continuing my battle to make using Windows marginally more bearable every day!

Reaction score
Hi Paul,

as your original problem is solved (allbeit with a 3rd party app), please mark this thread as solved so it helps others. You can start a new thread about the other icon problem to which I do not have an answer. :):):)

Ask a Question