Screwed up changing my password

Reaction score
I don't know my previous password - so how do I start from scratch?

Reaction score
You are saying that you cannot log on to your desktop and pass the log-on screen? If you wish to "start from scratch" you'll have to reformat your hard drive and do a reinstall. You can also use (if available) password removal software in which you insert a CD, set your bios to boot from optical drive first, and before booting into windows it will give you the option to delete any current password.
If you do not have the ability to carry out any of the above-mentioned tasks, consult a techie who does.

Reaction score
Hi

Go to the Microsoft login page on any computer, and start the login process, this will start with entering the email address you used to set up your Microsoft account.

https://account.microsoft.com/account

When it gets to Enter Your Password click the Forgot my Password link and follow the instructions to create a new password.

Once you can login to your account use the same password to log into you computer.

Mike

Reaction score
I can log in to my Windows 10 OS. But, if I want to change my login password, I can't because I don't know some information for Windows to allow me to do this. How do I see my original post? I seem to forget exactly what I wrote (old age) and seeing it will refresh my memory. Thank you guys - but I wrote the post last week (I think) along with some other posts on another forum. Your replies (not complaining) are a little late so now I'm confused.

Reaction score
Are you saying you can log on but you wish to change your password and don't know the original password in order to change it to something else?

Press Win-r . In the dialog box, type compmgmt.msc , and then press Enter .
  1. Expand Local Users and Groups and select the Users folder.
  2. Right-click the account you wish to change and select "Set Password"
  3. Follow the instructions to finish.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I can log in to my Windows 10 OS. But, if I want to change my login password, I can't because I don't know some information for Windows to allow me to do this.

What?

If you can log into windows you can change your password. You enter the same password to change it.

Ask a Question