Nov. 23, 2017 windows 10 update royally screwed up my netgear a1200 setup

Reaction score
My Windows 10 did an update on November 23, 2017, and ever since, I have been having nothing but problems with my Netgear AC1200 wireless network adapter. I have tried a number of things, even completely uninstalling the Netgear WiFi adapter's driver, and then re-installing it. I thought I had the problem fixed when I rebooted and there was no more red X, but then, after having the computer in sleep mode for about a day, that stinking red X returned by the WiFi symbol, I am at a loss for ideas, but know for a fact that the latest Nov. 23, 2017 update caused the problem. I can't stand having to keep going into the Device Manager and disabling/enabling the WiFi adapter to get the da-n WiFi (sonar) symbol to come back. And then even when it does come back, the Mbps are sh--ty (5-7, if I'm lucky).

Can anyone help me to fix what Microsoft screwed up with their latest [burp] "UPDATE" [RASPBERRY]

Disgusting . . . .

Reaction score
Is this your adapter and have you checked to see if there is an updated driver?
https://www.netgear.com/support/product/A6210#Software Version 1.0.0.36 (Supports Win10)

A6210 Software Version 1.0.0.36
Software Included

A6210_v1.0.0.36-Standalone.exe.zip
A6210_v1.0.0.36.exe.zip
Win 10 32/64 bits driver version: 5.1.29.0
Win 7/8 32/64 bits driver version: 5.1.29.0
Win XP/Vista 32/64 bits driver version: 5.1.29.0

Bug Fixes

• Fixed Installation upgrade/remove issue.
  • Fixed the issue where the Genie utility cannot work when adapter name was locked in Win10 build-in driver.
  • Fixed intermittent wireless connection issue, which is caused by PMF IOT issue.
Known Issues

• Always set U2 mode in ETRON & ASMedia USB 3.0 Host control
To Install:

1. Using the Download Link below, download and extract the new software to a convenient place such as your desktop.

Download Link:http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/A6210/A6210_V1.0.0.36.zip
  2. To properly install adapter software, please remove drivers that were previously installed.
    To uninstall, go to Start > Programs > NETGEAR A6210 > Uninstall NETGEAR A6210 .
  3. Do not insert the A6210 adapter until drivers are installed or instructed by on-screen instructions.
  4. If you want to install the adapter drivers including the NETGEAR utility (genie), run A6210_v1.0.0.36.exe and follow the on-screen install instructions.
  5. If you want to install just the adapter drivers without the NETGEAR utility, run A6210_v1.0.0.36-Standalone.exe and follow the on-screen install instructions.
Please note the bug fix.
Fixed intermittent wireless connection issue, which is caused by PMF IOT issue​

Reaction score
Is this your adapter and have you checked to see if there is an updated driver?
https://www.netgear.com/support/product/A6210#Software Version 1.0.0.36 (Supports Win10)

A6210 Software Version 1.0.0.36

Please note the bug fix.
Fixed intermittent wireless connection issue, which is caused by PMF IOT issue​

Did not do squat. I downloaded the release of the new Netgear A6210 software, uninstalled the existing software, reinstalled the new software, and after my computer went to sleep, I woke it back up, and the same f'n red X was there again. I'm at a loss for ideas. Absolutely disgusting. . . .

Ask a Question