SOLVED My Lenovo willnot detect a 2nd monitor

Reaction score
I have exhausted my troubleshooting options. I'm sure it's simple but I just can't make it work. I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Lenovo?? Which Lenovo? Desktop, Laptop??
Complete model number?
How are you connecting both monitors?
What GPU is installed??

Reaction score
Thanks for responding. Sorry I so not good at this stuff. It is a very simple Lenovo Laptop. I could not find much specific on the model except for X130e. I have the 2nd monitor connected with a basic cable (VGA?). Not sure about GPUbut does this snip help?
upload_2018-11-6_18-50-19.png

Reaction score
If you do not know how you have connected your second monitor, here is some help:

281621-lenovo-thinkpad-x130e-left.jpg

Remember, on the other end of the cable needs to be the same connector AND your second monitor has to support the connection as well. Since you do not mention what monitor you are trying to connect. The following I copied from the manual:

Switching a display output location
• Fn+F7
For Windows 7:
Switch between the computer display and an external monitor. Windows will show these display options:
– Computer display only (L CD)
– Computer display and external monitor (same image)
– Computer display and external monitor (extended desktop function)
– External monitor only
Note: T o switch between the computer display and an external monitor, the Win+P key combination
is also available.

For Windows XP:
Switch between the computer display and an external monitor. If an external monitor is attached,
computer output is displayed in the following three patterns by turns:
– External monitor (CRT display)
– Computer display and external monitor (L CD + CRT display)
– Computer display
Notes:
– This function is not supported if different desktop images are displayed on the computer display and
the external monitor (the Extend desktop function).
– This function does not work while a DVD movie or a video clip is playing.
T o enable this function, start Presentation Director, and change the settings.Click Start ➙ All Programs
➙ ThinkVantage ➙ Presentation Director, and change the Fn+F7 Settings.

I hope this will help...

Reaction score
If you do not know how you have connected your second monitor, here is some help:

View attachment 9402
Remember, on the other end of the cable needs to be the same connector AND your second monitor has to support the connection as well. Since you do not mention what monitor you are trying to connect. The following I copied from the manual:

Switching a display output location
• Fn+F7
For Windows 7:
Switch between the computer display and an external monitor. Windows will show these display options:
– Computer display only (L CD)
– Computer display and external monitor (same image)
– Computer display and external monitor (extended desktop function)
– External monitor only
Note: T o switch between the computer display and an external monitor, the Win+P key combination
is also available.

For Windows XP:
Switch between the computer display and an external monitor. If an external monitor is attached,
computer output is displayed in the following three patterns by turns:
– External monitor (CRT display)
– Computer display and external monitor (L CD + CRT display)
– Computer display
Notes:
– This function is not supported if different desktop images are displayed on the computer display and
the external monitor (the Extend desktop function).
– This function does not work while a DVD movie or a video clip is playing.
T o enable this function, start Presentation Director, and change the settings.Click Start ➙ All Programs
➙ ThinkVantage ➙ Presentation Director, and change the Fn+F7 Settings.

I hope this will help...
I hope this will help...
Thanks so much!! All i need was Win+P !!!

Ask a Question