Low storage on Lenovo

Reaction score
Lenovo Ideabook with factory installed Win 10 residing on a 30GB EMMC (type of SSD).
Even with all bloatware removed free storage is < 2GB. Update requires 8GB. Attached is a 60GB USB drive which is not recognized (most of the time) by the update. Typical update attempt is aborted because of low storage. Is there an escape out of this trap ?

Reaction score
I'd wonder if maybe a 16GB or 32GB drive formatted as FAT32 would be better. Windows has issues with FAT32 drives or partitions over 32GB.

Reaction score
Do you have a slot for a memory card? If so, you can relocate Documents, Downloads, Pictures, Videos, Music and 3D to the memory card. Also run Disk Cleanup. (Start>Windows Administrative Tools). Eventually, even after doing all of that, User and Windows got so big I had to do a clean install on my tablet. Windows doesn't seem to do that well in 32 GB over time.

Ask a Question