Monitor changed to slow start up

Reaction score
My Dell 1704FPT monitor always came up in less than 10 seconds for several years until mid last year. Now it sometimes takes over 10 minutes. My uneducated guess is the PC now thinks it is a generic pnp and searches for the right driver as a result of a windows update. Anyone else have/had this issue?

Reaction score
Look in the device manager to see if it's listed pnp. Regardless, it shouldn't take 10 minutes to respond. I have a few monitors that use generic pnp drivers. I've never had an issue with them turning on. Maybe it's some power saving setting in the monitor, or the backlight is going.

Reaction score
My Dell 1704FPT monitor always came up in less than 10 seconds for several years until mid last year. Now it sometimes takes over 10 minutes. My uneducated guess is the PC now thinks it is a generic pnp and searches for the right driver as a result of a windows update. Anyone else have/had this issue?
Control Panel Device Manager & NVIDIA Control Panel identifies the monitor as Dell 1704FPT; NVIDIA properties identifies the monitor as Generic PnP. Monitor off over 1 minute, power on monitor comes up immediately. Restart PC monitor comes back immediately. Shut computer down overnight then monitor sometimes takes a over 15 minutes to come up. Windows 10 pro, dual monitors.

Reaction score
Frequently the first 2 numbers in a monitor model number is the size, yours is a 17", my HP 2105 is a 21".

https://www.cnet.com/products/dell-ultrasharp-1704fpt-17-flat-panel-lcd-monitor-4-yr-warranty/
When did you get the monitor? As shown it has/had a 4-yr warranty. And Flat Panel monitors have been know to fail but not often, last I had to work with for a client wouldn't turn on unless first pulling the power cord, happened every time after being turned off either by its switch or by Windows power settings. Fix was a replacement.

Ask a Question