SOLVED Changed resolution too high, monitor doesn't support

Reaction score
Hi!
I'm using Amd radeon graphics, windows 10, of course, but the problem is that i unleashed my change-settings-see-what-happends power and i changed my graphic cards resolution a little too high... And now i only get the error screen 'resolution too high, change it to 1280x1024■60fps'. But i cant do that if i'm unable to login to my desktop. So i hope i u can help! And actuallt i DID reach safe mode trough F8 but i screwed it, i changed the resolution in system settings, cuz i could not reach the graphic driver... so i restarted my computer without any profit, and now i can't get back to safe mode either... I REALLY hope you guys can help me, i'm in a pretty sticky situation... :(

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Can you see the power button near the bottom left of your login screen.
If so hold the shift key while choosing Restart.
Advanced troubleshooting should get you to startup settings and that should get you to #4 safe mode.
Use device manager
Uninstall your Video card and reboot.
It should come back up with a generic standard VGA adapter and you can resume from there, reinstalling the appropriate driver.

Reaction score
Can you see the power button near the bottom left of your login screen.
If so hold the shift key while choosing Restart.
Advanced troubleshooting should get you to startup settings and that should get you to #4 safe mode.
Use device manager
Uninstall your Video card and reboot.
It should come back up with a generic standard VGA adapter and you can resume from there, reinstalling the appropriate driver.
The biggest problem is that i can't even REACH the login screen! I do reach the windows logo when my computer start, but no further... If i could reach my login screen, it wouldn't be so much of a problem, but as you see this is still a sticky situation

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Boot from the installation media and use the repair your pc link on the second page and then avail yourself of some of the advance trouble shooting options, to perform a system restore to a point before you made the changes or to get back into safe mode

Ask a Question