SOLVED Open Office Documents changed to Word after update

Reaction score
after my last update all of my open office documents have changed to Microsoft word documents and can not be opened. Can you please help?

Reaction score
your last update of what?

Libre Office can open Word docs and MS Word can open LO docs. I have some of both. Both systems can convert to the other format.
Same for the spreadsheet programs.

Some of the finer points of formatting may change and I personally have no experience with macros.

Reaction score
Thanks Tim. The problem started after I installed a Microsoft update. Now when I save an open office drawing it converts to Microsoft word. Is there a way I can disable word without losing all of my open office documents?

Reaction score
Settings -> Apps-> default apps -> choose default apps by file type would be worth looking at. You want the file types used by LO to default to being opened by LO.

And looking at the default for saving documents in the LO programs.

Are you using the older Open Office or the Newer Libre Office? I would reccomend the newer one as it has better maintenance.

Ask a Question