A Windows 10 automatic update screwed up File Explorer

Reaction score
I have been running Windows 10 for about 6 months.

About six weeks ago a Windows 10 update screwed up File Explorer, If you tried to search "Top Right" — File Explorer immediately shut down. (I understand this was not uncommon) After about a week or so, probably the result of a further update — it all worked again!

However after about another week or so — I got the do not switch off Message, followed by some further message that it would try to upgrade automatically at about 03:30 hrs (GMT) the computer is normally switched off at this time and I'm in bed — but I had the option "Install Now", this I opted for. The process looked like a complete Windows 10 install and took about three hours — it’s now 04:00 hrs, I went to bed happy that I will have the latest version of Windows 10 and issues will be solved.

Wrong — File Explorer is in trouble again and neither the Groove Music app, nor Windows Media Player “Can’t play” anything much m4a files are a No No. However iTunes plays everything.

Help

Ask a Question