After the latest windows 10 update, my laptop gets disconnected from wifi automatically after every

Reaction score
After the latest windows 10 update, my laptop gets disconnected from wifi automatically after every 15 minutes, please suggest on how to look forward about it.,

Reaction score
Try running "Troubleshooter" Type Trouble in search box, select Identify & Repair Network Problems.

Reaction score
After the latest windows 10 update, my laptop gets disconnected from wifi automatically after every 15 minutes, please suggest on how to look forward about it.,

First, try and restart your 'main WiFi modem' turn it 'Off' and wait 1 min and then turn it 'On' again. see also that you have a steady signal with another computer and/or a smartphone? Also, have you got a dual-band (2.4/5 GHz) modem in your laptop? If you do then try the other band e.g. if you are using the 5GHz band try the 2.4Ghz and see if it disconnects also after 15 min? You can do this by seeing what band you are on in your windows 'Broadband Connection' (example I'm giving is for Win-10) which is situated at the bottom right corner of your laptop screen in the taskbar and it looks like 1/4 circles or like a beam, click on that and it will tell you your 'Broadband Connection' and it will show both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz signals. There are no timers or time settings on either a modem or your laptop modem that could disconnect your laptop from the internet like it happens to you. Your problem is either at your 'main WiFi modem' or inside your 'laptop modem' which is installed inside your laptop and its usually very easy to replace and/or look at to diagnose, check that and if there are any problems replace the modem, they are very cheap. .

Last edited:

Ask a Question